Page 553 of 595 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 5945
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I think Horri-Bull would be an awesome MP.
    You said it, brother!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What up folks?!

Guys, I have been enjoying most of what we have gotten from Hasbro recently. The IDW deluxes (except Bee), the voyagers, and MP Soundwave are all great. I even picked up some of the Construct-bots, and I think they're fun for what they are.

I gotta say though, if I could narrow it all down to one toy that I have been loving here lately it's Springer. Man, that guy is a great figure. I like Sandstorm too, but I always find myself going back to Springer. What do you guys think?

Also, has anyone heard the rumor about Metroplex being at Walmart for black Friday? I saw on TFW that it may be at around the $60 price point, but so far nothing has been confirmed.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

JetsAndHeels,

I like Springer so far as I can tell.

I bought two. Only 1 is open but I've never transformed him.

I love his robot mode because I am a fan of his character from the G1 movie and 3rd season of the cartoon show. He's Han Solo in the Transformers universe if you ask me. (Sarcasm, though Springer's not a mercenary like Han started out as).

Plus I love triple changer toys!

Now should I buy a third?

A tip I've heard is that discount stores are blowing them out at like $7.99.

I've considered getting one more Blitzwing and Springer. I have a scalper friend on it. He's a scalper but to me he's a friendly acquaintance so I will only pay store cost for them.

Should I get them?

My problem is with their AIR modes this time.

G1 Blitzwing was perfect except small and unarticulated by today's standards.

Today, his legs are on top of his jet mode, not looking like an F-15 or any modern fighter.

F-14's used to have twin spare fuel tanks on their underside. Blitzwing's design could have borrowed from this for the Voyager and at least put his legs below him in jet mode.

YOUR POST WAS ABOUT SPRINGER

So in G1, the car did not look like any kind of real vehicle. for the most part.

Today, the great articulated robot turns into a pretty realistic type of all-terrain vehicle that I really like.

Springer prefers his air mode most of the time however.

This chopper seams very small!

I guess he'll look good next to Cyberverse figures of the cars, and maybe some Cyberverse Commander figures of would-be Leader characters - for display in Springer's helicopter mode.

But dang that chopper's skinny. The G1 was awesome in chopper mode!

I only saw him in chopper mode at Comic Con but when I did my heart sank!

I would actually love this figure in a Leader Class!

I have a different Voyager Springer from Classics or Universe - I don't keep track of their branding that much. And I love his chopper mode. This figure is Springer, but NOT a triple changer.

I might not buy a 3rd Springer for the chopper this time around.

You asked what I thought. What do you think about what I think?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, I'd recommend Hoist over Trailbreaker for many of the same reasons as Thundercracker over Starscream. Colors pop out more and so forth.
    The colors weren't enough to sway me from the mediocrity of the tow hook, plus I like Trailbreacutter for being a black Autobot, lends diversity. But I appreciate the feedback. Hoist is pegwarming around here pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I think <insert G1 character here> would be an awesome MP.
    So you agree that Brawn deserves a figure? Nice!

I can actually think of a ton of G1 characters I wouldn't buy as MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    What up folks?!

Guys, I have been enjoying most of what we have gotten from Hasbro recently. The IDW deluxes (except Bee), the voyagers, and MP Soundwave are all great. I even picked up some of the Construct-bots, and I think they're fun for what they are.

I gotta say though, if I could narrow it all down to one toy that I have been loving here lately it's Springer. Man, that guy is a great figure. I like Sandstorm too, but I always find myself going back to Springer. What do you guys think?

Also, has anyone heard the rumor about Metroplex being at Walmart for black Friday? I saw on TFW that it may be at around the $60 price point, but so far nothing has been confirmed.
    Nicely done. I really like Springer, but he's more fun to think about than to fiddle with only because there's a sense that none of the panels are really on the same guy, they look like they're together but they're really not.

I haven't heard that rumor about Black Friday, but I could see that being their doorbuster. An all-day price though? I don't see it, they've already lowered their normal selling price to $100, competing with Costco's $80 would be the best I could imagine.

I still haven't put all the stickers on Metro!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

TF2005 Has pictures of the third party blackout leader class!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hasbro website data released to retailers includes Masterpiece Sideswipe. Awww yeah!

Not seeing any 3rd Party Leader Class Blackout stories there, you sure it's not another site? The last I could find was from January.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hasbro website data released to retailers includes Masterpiece Sideswipe. Awww yeah!
    Are you referring to the stuff that someone found by accident? Because those lists contain so much awesome, along with so much that's been canceled in the past few years, that I refuse to get my hopes up.

Besides, being completely unable to find Soundwave has kind of killed my enthusiasm for the Masterpiece line.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ackout-174257/

Someone thought this news was new but it has to be almost 2 years old. I wonder whereas they are at with this project now?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Are you referring to the stuff that someone found by accident? Because those lists contain so much awesome, along with so much that's been canceled in the past few years, that I refuse to get my hopes up.

Besides, being completely unable to find Soundwave has kind of killed my enthusiasm for the Masterpiece line.
    I dunno for sure, but it makes sense that they have invested money into those molds and want to see some return on them. I won't get my hopes too high, but since I wasn't going to buy the Takaratomy versions anyway, this is some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ackout-174257/

Someone thought this news was new but it has to be almost 2 years old. I wonder whereas they are at with this project now?
    Yeah, that's old news, and I didn't realize it was January of 2012, I think that project is dead since they have other figures coming out still and no mention of that one.