Page 555 of 595 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 5944
    I wonder how big this Galvatron is?

I want Cyclonus and Galvatron (secondly, Scourge) to pair up with my Masterpiece Rodimus Prime.

I would take a Voyager figure as well though - but not sure if it's worth $115 plus shipping.

However, I bought (kind of Voyager sized) Titanium Ultra Magnus because it's a one-piece and totally transforms instead of adds parts from his trailer and I paid about $100 for that. But it's also an item that's years old which I didn't buy back in the day when I had the chance.

So how big is this Galvatron?

Isn't there a 3rd party Cyclonus that's pretty good? How big is he?

WHO HERE HAS BOUGHT 3RD PARTY FIGURES?

JediTricks, do you own any personally? Which ones?

How do any here review their 3rd Party figures?

I'm thinking about the Constructicons and the Stunticons 3rd party pieces. Is there a Combaticon set? Bruticus is also an interest.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JetsAndHeels...

Hmm. DoubleDealer looks interesting.

Are you liking him?

Do you think that paint scheme makes his jet look better than Blitzwings?
    I don't have DoubleDealer..he hasn't been released here yet. I am only going by pics, but I do like how he looks.

My issue with Blitzwing is his shoulders. They don't lock into place and when you move his arms it can be an issue. There is a fix for it online somewhere on TFW, but I haven't gotten around to it.

I like the figure itself pretty good, but if you compare it to Springer it's no contest
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Is the upcoming Mini-Con Assault Team 3-pack supposed to secretly be the Ammonite omnicombiners that the crew of the Lost Light ran afoul of in MTMTE?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Isn't there a 3rd party Cyclonus that's pretty good? How big is he?
    There may be one by a guy who goes by "eaglestf" but it would have been one of his earlier pieces which were not production quality figures.
    WHO HERE HAS BOUGHT 3RD PARTY FIGURES?
    Me! I got a bunch.

I'm thinking about the Constructicons and the Stunticons 3rd party pieces. Is there a Combaticon set? Bruticus is also an interest.
    I have both Contructicon sets and I like them both.

There are a few options for the Combaticons.

There is a set of two figures (Fansproject's Munitioner/i.e.Swindle and Explorer/i.e.Blast-off) that replaces two of the limbs of Energon Bruticus Maximus and also includes new hands and feet and weapons. It's a bit expensive nowadays though. https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/r..._1255_3899.jpg

There are two options for upgrading Generations Fall of Cybertron Bruticus. One is Xtransbot's "Boosticus" that is simply a bunch of parts to add to the figures. All the combiner upgrade parts have alt mode functions too. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ticus-add.html

A new company called Microblaze Creations is coming out with a replacement for Onslaught that also includes some upgrade parts for the rest of Hasbro's figures as well as new hands and feet. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...de-kit-178644/

Finally, out next year is "Warbotron" by a group called... Warbotron, apparently. This one is 100% "original" and is supposedly the largest third party combiner to date. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...-works-178223/

I've always wanted to buy the third party "Devastator", but two things have scared me away. One, of course, is the price. The other is that after I would buy it and enjoy transforming it once or twice, I would end up depressed that I spent that much money.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I've always been iffy about the third-party releases. I don't know what it is, but something about them essentially being knock-offs always scares me away. Well, that and the price.

That said, I might bite if they made figures of characters at prices I considered decent that Hasbro would never, ever, ever touch, like Nightbird, Ambulon, Rung, or Scrounge.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Adam: your post was awesome!

"I am an Autobot" (serious Prime team member here) but LOVE buying Decepticons for my bots to fight.

I want a lot of Decepticons.

LC Cyclonus, Galvatron, Scourge, and movie Blackout, possibly BoneCrusher, and definitely Shockwave, Megatron as the tanker truck, and The Tunneler (thing Shockwave commanded in Chicago) are serious priorities.

Something around Voyager Class combining Constructicons (I have the Legends / Cyberverse set but maybe will look into buying a second one) would be awesome.

There is a 3rd party Stunticon / Menasor set I've looked at. I would love it if the cars were Deluxe sized, but I think they are the old Scout Class size at the least and I could use those without blinking!

The Combaticons shown in your last post as a Bruticus set looks amazing! I think I'm sold.

That something small like Swindle's Jeep can be on the set with a helicopter and a space shuttle of all things, irritates me a little - as I'm always looking for improvements from G1 days. (Mind you I am a fan of Swindle's - just a different larger vehicle mode might be better for this kind of combiner).

On that topic, what they did for Hound for AoE - making him a troop carrier - could be a great plan for Swindle.

Hound should have stayed a Jeep for the movie!

Blast-Off should have his alt-mode ...well I was going to say replaced with a fighter plane, but the real space shuttle fits on the back of a 747.

I guess what is unrealistic is having characters like Starscream fit inside of Blast-Off's alt-mode as in the more realistic Bay-Verse I prefer, that scene in the 1986 movie could have never happened (when Screamer throws Megatron out AstroTrain's airlock).

Astrotrain should be made a LC, as should Blitzwing - and Springer - and get them all REALLY right with solid bot and alt modes.

If we pay a lot for 3rd party figures, why can't Hasbro sell $60-70 Ultimate figures with 3 really tight transformations?

EL CHUXTER - I hear what you're saying about "trusting" 3rd party companies. I feel that way, too. But I still love Transformers but my tastes have changed since I was a kid. I like size proportionate 'bots - such as there's no way Soundwave as a Walkman or iPod these days - or even a satellite or Mercedes - would be the size of jet-tank-truck Megatron.

Hasbro is not producing all the characters, modes, paint schemes, and sizes of the things I want.

You can watch the reviews on TF boards and pick out good reviews by people - and obviously ask Adam here - what's worth spending that kind of money on.

I've considered buying a 2nd Devastaor from the kids set from the ROTF toys who's vehicles separate but do not turn into bots - just to get more screen-accurate-Decepticons I can use.

I do not buy this "pastel colors" Beast-Machine or Beast Warrior stuff.

I'm tempted by the Voyager Grimlock, but will sooner purchase my 3rd Springer and Blitzwing before I see a legitimate reason for a robot disguising itself to become an animatronic extinct animal. (and yes, Grimlock was great fun when I was a kid and I loved the Dinobots 30-some years ago.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Is the upcoming Mini-Con Assault Team 3-pack supposed to secretly be the Ammonite omnicombiners that the crew of the Lost Light ran afoul of in MTMTE?
    I think so but could be wrong about that. MTMTE vol 4 and 5 are coming to me soon...I jumped right into Dark Cybertron but have huge gaps to fill in now.

If they're the Ammonites, even if they they look nothing like them aside from being little green combiners (since "omni-combiners" are totally out of the realm of possibility for toys), I'm going to be far more excited about that set than anything else ever labeled as "Mini-Cons."

I'm sure you know already, but MTMTE is just one masterpiece after another. An off month for that title means it's still the best ongoing being published, but by a smaller margin. (Regeneration One is technically a mini, so don't make me compare them. )
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Something around Voyager Class combining Constructicons (I have the Legends / Cyberverse set but maybe will look into buying a second one) would be awesome.
    Movie or G1? If G1, the Hercules combiner set members are around voyager size.

There is a 3rd party Stunticon / Menasor set I've looked at. I would love it if the cars were Deluxe sized, but I think they are the old Scout Class size at the least and I could use those without blinking!
    You are correct, they are scout size, but tall-ish scout size. Hercules would be taller. The full Menasor (Intimidator) set will be the same height as that first Bruticus set I linked, as well as the second Devastator (Maketoys' Giant) and their upcoming Computron.

The Combaticons shown in your last post as a Bruticus set looks amazing! I think I'm sold.
    But on which one?

That something small like Swindle's Jeep can be on the set with a helicopter and a space shuttle of all things, irritates me a little - as I'm always looking for improvements from G1 days. (Mind you I am a fan of Swindle's - just a different larger vehicle mode might be better for this kind of combiner).

On that topic, what they did for Hound for AoE - making him a troop carrier - could be a great plan for Swindle.
    I agree that would probably suit Swindle pretty well, if only to make him somewhat more appropriate with the rest of the team scale wise.

Outside of third party, I found the latest Generations wave today. I only got Skids and Goldfire, and I've only messed with Skids so far. Dreadwing actually looked much nicer than I expected or even remembered from Botcon. Skids is a bit weird, he has that same hip problem that Armada Supercon Prime had with the molded detail blocking forward movement. The ankle tilts move the wrong way for articulation purposes. I found that turning his hip 180 and flipping his legs around as well fixes most of his problems in terms of more dynamic poses. He can't stand up straight like this though. Arms aren't great, but have more movement than I thought. They can be pulled out slightly at the shoulder to get more room for the ball-joint. Overall, he's not perfect, but a good figure if you don't mind mistransforming him a bit to pose.