Page 559 of 566 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 5653
    Grimlock moved like a T-Rex, but I don't get his horns/ears. Swoop makes sense for the two-headed dragon, except for the two heads; unless of course, its a Predicon. I'm under the impression that the canon that shots Prime was Galvatron, and the silver bot that destroyed the red car was Cyclous. In the opening scene, it looks like Unicron, albeit slightly smaller, was emerging from the smoke. Hound has been confirmed to be in the movie.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Grimlock moved like a T-Rex, but I don't get his horns/ears. Swoop makes sense for the two-headed dragon, except for the two heads; unless of course, its a Predicon. I'm under the impression that the canon that shots Prime was Galvatron, and the silver bot that destroyed the red car was Cyclous. In the opening scene, it looks like Unicron, albeit slightly smaller, was emerging from the smoke. Hound has been confirmed to be in the movie.
    Just out of curiosity, dismissing whether we enjoy watching giant CGI transformers battling it out on the streets of America (and, obviously, we do), we ALSO recognize that these are awful films that are taking advantage of that love in order to force-feed us crappy writing...right?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Just out of curiosity, dismissing whether we enjoy watching giant CGI transformers battling it out on the streets of America (and, obviously, we do), we ALSO recognize that these are awful films that are taking advantage of that love in order to force-feed us crappy writing...right?
    Who needs a script? It's 240 minutes of giant CGI transformers battling it out on the streets of America...

Actually, I enjoyed the first one beyond the CGI transformers. The second one is terrible, but I find myself watching it every time it's on TBS or FX. I've only seen the third one once, but I remember thinking how it was much better than the second one although I hate the fact that there are "human villains".

Storytelling was never a Transformers strong point anyways. The original G1 cartoon has numerous unwatchable episodes (looking at you Prime Target) including essentially everything after the movie.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Storytelling was never a Transformers strong point anyways.
    Respectfully, read the Marvel comic, particularly the issues by Simon Furman (including his UK run and ReGeneration One), then the last two years worth of the current IDW titles (More Than Meets The Eye and Robots In Disguise, along with a few Spotlight one-shots). then let us know if you stand by that sentence.

The main reason I dislike the Bay movies is their brainlessness. In the hands of good writers who care about the franchise, Transformers can be, and has been, among the best, most intelligent, sci-fi out there.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Respectfully, read the Marvel comic, particularly the issues by Simon Furman (including his UK run and ReGeneration One), then the last two years worth of the current IDW titles (More Than Meets The Eye and Robots In Disguise, along with a few Spotlight one-shots). then let us know if you stand by that sentence.

The main reason I dislike the Bay movies is their brainlessness. In the hands of good writers who care about the franchise, Transformers can be, and has been, among the best, most intelligent, sci-fi out there.
    The only comics I have read was the first 12 issues of the original series. I got them in trade format from a flea market near the Mexican border in the mid 80's. I kept on hoping to find more so I could find out what they did with Primes head. But till this day, I still don't know. I realize I could find them on ebay now, but just haven't gotten around to get them.

I realize the comics will tell better stories, as they have a better media to do it. One day, maybe I'll pick them up again.

www.HasbroToyShop.com/tflegends15

15% off four preorders for the new Deluxe figures of characters who appear in the Dark Cybertron crossover (Starscream, Skywarp, Scoop, and the Minicon/Ammonite Team). Also free shipping on orders of $50 or more. I ordered three (passed on Skywarp) and tossed in Doubledealer.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I tried to find my Transformers trade books but came up empty. I did, however, find Marvel Star Wars #8 with Jaxxon on the cover.

Didn't even know I had Star Wars comics...

Target West LA had the giant $50 Beast Fire Predaking on clearance for $12.50, I nearly pulled the trigger but just couldn't.

Found the Generations Minicons and Armada Starscream, Scoop, and Skywarp at that Target, which I fear means I've missed Skids and Waspinator and Rhinox.

I'm dying to get Whirl too, but I can't afford the preorder on HTS right now, I'm a little strapped for another week and just can't justify the high cost of shipping with that. And what happened to Swerve and Cosmos? God, what has Hasbro done to ruin their market at just the time when they're putting out so many cool figures?!?

The Minicons are kinda charming and fun, but do have some shortcomings too, and probably enough to keep some folks away. Still, it succeeds at doing stuff that hasn't been done like this at this size.

The Armada Starscream is pretty neat, but feels a little cheap in the deco and the sculpt feels like a step backwards. It's a very good homage and has a few nice surprises, but also doesn't hold together quite as well as it could.

Scoop really looked too simple to justify the $15, and Skywarp's coloring looks slapdash rather than locked down.

No, Megatron as an Autobot and a crew member or possibly captain of the Lost Light.
    Oh, yeah, that's gonna be hard to work right, I can see a few avenues but Dark Cybertron is killing my faith in them taking those avenues.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Yeah, I will probably switch to AE at some point in the future when I have a bit more financial flexibility. I just can't pay for something eight months in advance without being able to cancel it atm. My final price when bundle shipping at HLJ isn't super high and I'm still paying less that a lot of people will end up paying so I feel pretty good about it.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I guess I'd rather invest now in being able to feel like I didn't overspend too badly, but it's a one-time thing for me most likely.

No, there were no Transformers in the trailer. Just robot lemur monkeys.
    Haaaaa! Totally.

The size of Grimlock and Swoop having two heads bugs me. Change is one thing. But why call them "Dinobots" if they're not dinosaurs? That's like calling a team "Constructicons" when they turn into submarines.
    Does this REALLY surprise you from the Bayverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    This is why we get along so well, you and I. The stories are so bad they actually take away from the live-action Transformers, and they actually make action scenes BORING via desensitization and a complete inability to make story and characters that connect to the audience. "Jazz died? Why should I care if even Optimus barely cares? Also, who was Jazz again?"

I realize the comics will tell better stories, as they have a better media to do it. One day, maybe I'll pick them up again.
    Even the original cartoon told better stories, they created better characters and they were more compelling scenarios and they were more watchable.

That's the thing about the cartoon, it didn't even try to be "the best" at those things, it just succeeded at telling interesting sci-fi stories that tried to tell big-idea stories to an audience that normally gets treated as stupid and brainless. The Transformers may have been clumsy and silly and sloppy, but at its heart it felt like it really cared about its characters and its story and its ideas, it felt like it was trying to actually grow and get better and not betray its audience. Why couldn't Paramount have seen the value in those aspects of the show and tried to bring them out in these movies?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This is why we get along so well, you and I. The stories are so bad they actually take away from the live-action Transformers, and they actually make action scenes BORING via desensitization and a complete inability to make story and characters that connect to the audience. "Jazz died? Why should I care if even Optimus barely cares? Also, who was Jazz again?"

Even the original cartoon told better stories, they created better characters and they were more compelling scenarios and they were more watchable.

That's the thing about the cartoon, it didn't even try to be "the best" at those things, it just succeeded at telling interesting sci-fi stories that tried to tell big-idea stories to an audience that normally gets treated as stupid and brainless. The Transformers may have been clumsy and silly and sloppy, but at its heart it felt like it really cared about its characters and its story and its ideas, it felt like it was trying to actually grow and get better and not betray its audience. Why couldn't Paramount have seen the value in those aspects of the show and tried to bring them out in these movies?
    Yes, friend. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why we get along! And I agree with this. I think about stories like The Ultimate Doom where Prime had to put Earth in jeopardy to save Cybertron and think, "what 80's kids cartoon would create such a delicious moral dilemma and then have our hero make such a tragic-but-understandable choice?" You might get some of that from Bay, but you also get jive-talking insults.

That said, if I'm not really paying attention to the story, I can enjoy the action just fine.

I think with Grimlock's new look, they were trying to go for The Hobbit audience and make him more like a dragon.

Target: kids of course.

But it looks amazing. Now if there's a story to explain it... I'm waiting.

Note we also saw Swoop grabbing BumbleBee in the trailer.

I remember Mark Wahlberg did that movie "We Bought A Zoo." Maybe the backstory is that some of the more dangerous animals escaped?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.