Page 561 of 582 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565571 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 5815
    Scoop is a glorious, albeit simple, plastic orange man-bot.

Good for a repaint as Scrapper or not?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Won't happen unless A) Hasbro stops including comics, B) IDW makes some sort of flashback issue featuring him prominently, or C) Dark Cybertron revives lots of dead Cybertronians.

Sorry for the spoiler, but he died a few years ago, and Devastator is now modular, with hints that anyone else can be his sixth component.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Won't happen unless A) Hasbro stops including comics, B) IDW makes some sort of flashback issue featuring him prominently, or C) Dark Cybertron revives lots of dead Cybertronians.
    With the way they have been sloppily throwing in scenes for the next wave (Crosscut and Tankor) .. a one page flashback would be enough for them apparently.

Although I like Scoop, I have very little interest in combiner characters that cannot combine.

So, I told y'all I ordered three of the new Deluxes (Starscream, Scoop, and the Mini-Cons Ammonites) and Doubledealer. The Deluxes were supposed to ship at the end of March, Doubledealer at the end of February. No biggie.

The very next day, I start seeing all four of the Deluxes in stores all over the place. Eh, I'll wait to save a few bucks.

And two days after the order, I get a notice that Doubledealer shipped. So the ones I'm seeing everywhere won't ship for a month, but the one that, so far as I know, no one has seen in the wild, is in the mail already.

One thing that does bug me: They didn't include in the e-mail how much I've been charged. Is it just for Doubledealer? Did they add shipping, and will prorate it later when the others ship? It says that I can check the site, but there's no way to get that info there, either. I'm super-anal about this sort of thing, so it irritates me. I considered writing them, but figured that, by the time I get a response, it will have cleared my card and I'll see it there.

I forgot why I haven't dealt much with HTS.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So I picked up the X-Files Conspiracy #1 and Ghostbusters crossover. The #1 is ok, not liking the art at all, and I didn't realize it was going to be about The Lone Gunmen who I like but are not what I signed up for here, I wanted to see Mulder and Scully take on all these things.

The Ghostbusters crossover is not a sign of good things to come, the art is a misfire, the story is nonexistent, and it takes place in a very narrow storytelling experience. I suspect the Transformers crossover will be the same, a very small story that's barely a piece of the puzzle with nebulous connection that the heroes write off.

Sorry for the spoiler, but he died a few years ago, and Devastator is now modular, with hints that anyone else can be his sixth component.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    With the way they have been sloppily throwing in scenes for the next wave (Crosscut and Tankor) .. a one page flashback would be enough for them apparently.

Although I like Scoop, I have very little interest in combiner characters that cannot combine.
    Yeah, that's what I thought as well, they're just kinda tossing them in without care. That's the MO of the whole Dark Cybertron comic though, toss stuff into the story without care.

Good point about non-combining combiners.

So, I told y'all I ordered three of the new Deluxes (Starscream, Scoop, and the Mini-Cons Ammonites) and Doubledealer. The Deluxes were supposed to ship at the end of March, Doubledealer at the end of February. No biggie.

The very next day, I start seeing all four of the Deluxes in stores all over the place. Eh, I'll wait to save a few bucks.

And two days after the order, I get a notice that Doubledealer shipped. So the ones I'm seeing everywhere won't ship for a month, but the one that, so far as I know, no one has seen in the wild, is in the mail already.

One thing that does bug me: They didn't include in the e-mail how much I've been charged. Is it just for Doubledealer? Did they add shipping, and will prorate it later when the others ship? It says that I can check the site, but there's no way to get that info there, either. I'm super-anal about this sort of thing, so it irritates me. I considered writing them, but figured that, by the time I get a response, it will have cleared my card and I'll see it there.

I forgot why I haven't dealt much with HTS.
    That's the HTS I know and loathe. Last time I dealt with that, they charged my card piecemeal and the first item got the shipping while the others shipped without cost to me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm sure HTS will ship those deluxes before the end of March. Their "pre order" dates are often off by a month. Supposedly my Whirl has shipped so we'll see.

That's not what bugs me (though it would be nice to try for accuracy). I've never had a retailer ship part of an order and not tell me how much they charged (and don't even provide that info on their site).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

IDW posted a preview of the FCBD Transformers/G.I.Joe crossover book.

My God, I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse comic book. It's just awful on every level. I have a hard time believing the writer of Robots in Disguise is writing this s***, and either he put his name on it to give it credibility or James Roberts is ghost-writing RiD. The art is horrendous; the guy is clearly trying to ape Jack Kirby's style, but without any of the substance behind Kirby's. It's so bad, I could honestly imagine Rob Liefeld defending his own art by holding up a copy of this and saying, "Dude, at least I'm not this craptacular."

Possibly the worst thing is that people actually seem to like this for some "nostalgia" value, even though it's apparently nostalgia for something that never existed. Anyone who knows me knows I got into comics entirely via Marvel's Transformers and G.I.Joe titles, and, even re-reading them decades later, they're nothing like this.

I've decided to save my money, and am hoping RiD doesn't suffer because of this turd.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

IDW posted a preview of the FCBD Transformers/G.I.Joe crossover book.

My God, I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse comic book. It's just awful on every level. I have a hard time believing the writer of Robots in Disguise is writing this s***, and either he put his name on it to give it credibility or James Roberts is ghost-writing RiD. The art is horrendous; the guy is clearly trying to ape Jack Kirby's style, but without any of the substance behind Kirby's. It's so bad, I could honestly imagine Rob Liefeld defending his own art by holding up a copy of this and saying, "Dude, at least I'm not this craptacular."

Possibly the worst thing is that people actually seem to like this for some "nostalgia" value, even though it's apparently nostalgia for something that never existed. Anyone who knows me knows I got into comics entirely via Marvel's Transformers and G.I.Joe titles, and, even re-reading them decades later, they're nothing like this.

I've decided to save my money, and am hoping RiD doesn't suffer because of this turd.
    oh dear, this guy's art was controversial when the news first hit last year and I had hoped he'd step up his game. It's appalling both in the art - which looks like a cross between bad fan assert and pack in comic art - and the terrible writing. This is the worst type of callback, calling back to awful early '80s licensed comics. Barber is a former Marvel editor, he should know better than to pull a stunt like this. Especially when RID looks to be falling apart after the big event series. Ugh, how sad, IDW should really have been more cautious.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.