Page 562 of 585 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 5848
    Doubledealer looks far better in person than I anticipated. I haven't opened him, but the Blitzwing sculpt seems to lend itself to him better than expected. I wish they'd given him new weapons, though; Doubledealer never used the same sidearm as Blitzwing and never used a sword at all that I can recall.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The GI Joe book looks crazy in a way I don't really enjoy.

So I guess there's been no posts about the AoE figures show at Toy Fair?

The Leader Grimlock looks great. I will pick him up to use with Deluxe Prime / Galvatron figures.

There's no way I'm buying the Leader Prime. Sad. Very sad.

Voyager Hound looks good and might be on scale with a Voyager Prime and Galvatron. The Deluxe Crosshairs, Drift, and BumbleBee might go with the Voyager "command figures." Or I might go Cyberverse for these characters.

There will be 10 Deluxe figures.

Dinobots:

1. Scorn
    2. Strafe (Swoop)
    3. Slash
    4. Slug

Cars:

5. BumbleBee
    6. Drift
    7. Crosshairs

8,9,10 might be 2 more cars and maybe a Deluxe sized Grimlock?

If a Stunticon combiner is some big movie secret, I bet they do that Cyberverse size with a Deluxe / whatever MotorMaster.

However, spoilers revealed that the black cab-over flat-nose truck is Galvatron. I haven't decided if I like that or not. Probably not.

Those neon-colored Deluxe Dinobots are not colored how I imagine I'd see them in the movie and are designed for kid appeal. If they are repainted in realistic colors like the first movie had the exclusive "chrome versions," I could see myself going for them - maybe. If the story is good.

Hopefully in the Voyager category the line will make it (so we can create a good Prime vs. Galvatron fight) and Hound looks interesting and maybe matchable with the Deluxe Autobot and Decepticon / Stunticon cars.

Overall, I'm curious but "interested" might be too strong of word.

Also, I have seen the Gold Bug or whatever he's called BumbleBee wave in the wild.

Of more interest, is in Classics for 2014, they list a Generations Arcee but she's not been revealed yet. If this is a Deluxe Pink Car version of "the real Arcee" from the 1986 movie - SOLD!!! I never bought the motorcycle ones unless they might have come with my Human Alliance figures.

It would be nice if Hasbro made some Human Alliance sized Decepticon cars from AoE but they were not shown at Toy Fair to my knowledge. At CVS Pharmacy, I bought a replica Lamborghini the right size and dark gray color for use in the alt mode to add to my Decepticon ranks at this scale. It was like a third of the price getting the car as a Transformer that size would be (if Lamborghini even allows their license to be used by Hasbro for AoE).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    The GI Joe book looks crazy in a way I don't really enjoy.
    I thought that would be the consensus, between you and my buddies on TFv, the feeling has been entirely negative. Yet I went over to TFW2k5 and they're largely in love with this, most are gaga over this throwback stuff, and that's worrisome because this has no reason to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

The Leader Grimlock looks great. I will pick him up to use with Deluxe Prime / Galvatron figures.

There's no way I'm buying the Leader Prime. Sad. Very sad.

Voyager Hound looks good and might be on scale with a Voyager Prime and Galvatron. The Deluxe Crosshairs, Drift, and BumbleBee might go with the Voyager "command figures." Or I might go Cyberverse for these characters.

There will be 10 Deluxe figures.

Dinobots:

1. Scorn
    2. Strafe (Swoop)
    3. Slash
    4. Slug

Cars:

5. BumbleBee
    6. Drift
    7. Crosshairs

8,9,10 might be 2 more cars and maybe a Deluxe sized Grimlock?

If a Stunticon combiner is some big movie secret, I bet they do that Cyberverse size with a Deluxe / whatever MotorMaster.

However, spoilers revealed that the black cab-over flat-nose truck is Galvatron. I haven't decided if I like that or not. Probably not.

Those neon-colored Deluxe Dinobots are not colored how I imagine I'd see them in the movie and are designed for kid appeal. If they are repainted in realistic colors like the first movie had the exclusive "chrome versions," I could see myself going for them - maybe. If the story is good.

Hopefully in the Voyager category the line will make it (so we can create a good Prime vs. Galvatron fight) and Hound looks interesting and maybe matchable with the Deluxe Autobot and Decepticon / Stunticon cars.

Overall, I'm curious but "interested" might be too strong of word.

Also, I have seen the Gold Bug or whatever he's called BumbleBee wave in the wild.

Of more interest, is in Classics for 2014, they list a Generations Arcee but she's not been revealed yet. If this is a Deluxe Pink Car version of "the real Arcee" from the 1986 movie - SOLD!!! I never bought the motorcycle ones unless they might have come with my Human Alliance figures.

It would be nice if Hasbro made some Human Alliance sized Decepticon cars from AoE but they were not shown at Toy Fair to my knowledge. At CVS Pharmacy, I bought a replica Lamborghini the right size and dark gray color for use in the alt mode to add to my Decepticon ranks at this scale. It was like a third of the price getting the car as a Transformer that size would be (if Lamborghini even allows their license to be used by Hasbro for AoE).
    AOE looks blah to me. Grimlock looks chiefly like Bludgeon with a skeletal, woefully oversized dinosaur mode. The rest don't look like Dinobots, just kinda generic dino skeletons cum robots and that does nothing for me. There are actually 2 Optimus designs, one that's the main movie figure and looks bad, the other is trying to merge the movie look with the G1 look and might work in person or might faceplant - someone was saying that "evasion mode" Optimus is Leader class, but I think he's only Voyager.

Nearly every figure shows signs of "The Creeping Cheapness", hollow limbs and funky gaps and less paint and thin parts. There's a lot of shell parts.

There are only 2 Decepticons out the gate, Galvatron (black semi, obviously more or less Nemesis Prime meets movieMegs) and Lockdown, I believe.

Drift is so badly designed (not the figure, the character it's based on) that it's repugnant, it's shockingly bizarre nonsense to give him that car and that look and that everything.

Generations Arcee will be based on her RID comic book most likely, her alt mode hasn't been shown in the current body I think but I believe it is another motorcycle.

Honestly, TF at TF was a disappointment for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I thought that would be the consensus, between you and my buddies on TFv, the feeling has been entirely negative. Yet I went over to TFW2k5 and they're largely in love with this, most are gaga over this throwback stuff, and that's worrisome because this has no reason to exist.

AOE looks blah to me. Grimlock looks chiefly like Bludgeon with a skeletal, woefully oversized dinosaur mode. The rest don't look like Dinobots, just kinda generic dino skeletons cum robots and that does nothing for me. There are actually 2 Optimus designs, one that's the main movie figure and looks bad, the other is trying to merge the movie look with the G1 look and might work in person or might faceplant - someone was saying that "evasion mode" Optimus is Leader class, but I think he's only Voyager.

Nearly every figure shows signs of "The Creeping Cheapness", hollow limbs and funky gaps and less paint and thin parts. There's a lot of shell parts.

There are only 2 Decepticons out the gate, Galvatron (black semi, obviously more or less Nemesis Prime meets movieMegs) and Lockdown, I believe.

Drift is so badly designed (not the figure, the character it's based on) that it's repugnant, it's shockingly bizarre nonsense to give him that car and that look and that everything.

Generations Arcee will be based on her RID comic book most likely, her alt mode hasn't been shown in the current body I think but I believe it is another motorcycle.

I'm with you, JT. If Arcee is motorcycle, I'm throwing the table over and going home. Although I still want Rattrap. And that Roadbuster is pretty sweet. And Jetfire, though a strange hybrid between G1 Jetfire and Skyfire with a fake cockpit for a chest, hasn't completely died for me yet (though I'm really frustrated by it).
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Yeah, I don't understand the love for the crossover book. Artwork was never like that in the 80s; even at his laziest, Jose Delbo still had some depth to his illustrations. And the writing was certainly not like this. The very first issue of TF (which I hate to say because it's both TF and Bill Mantlo, but it's one of the worst single issues of any title ever), the original Marvel crossover, a few Joe fill-in stories, maybe. But, c'mon, is everyone forgetting this is the decade and the titles that gave us "Silent Interlude" and "Target: 2006"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't think I want any of the AoE toys.

Generations Whirl on the other hand is outstanding in spite of the backwards knee joints which limit his poseability. Nonetheless he has a huge "unvincible" fun factor to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I didn't post about them, because I'm super not interested in them. Just more movie junk to me. I'm over it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It was better than Star Wars anyway.

I like the look of Jetfire and some people who claim to have seen leader Megatron say it is the IDW tank design, so I'm looking forward to those. Roadbuster looks like he could be a winner. Nightbeat has a better mold choice than that tiny picture of the Jazz mold that popped up a couple of weeks ago, but only because it matches the characters better. I wasn't into Goldbug for some reason and sold him off to a friend. So I probably won't bother with Nightbeat. Jhiaxus from that Starscream works better than expected, but I don't know that I care enough about the character to buy it. Windblade looks GREAT.

I'm not sure of the logic of making what looks like a G2/IDW hybrid Jhiaxus, then giving him colors from an entirely different continuity. Dude is red, yellow, and green. Not orange. That's not even close.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm really excited for Jetfire.
    I saw the new "collectable" Starscream the other day at Toys R Us and it's total crap. 100 dollars for a piece that looks like someone just scaled up the Big Lot Version. The plastic molding is god awful.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-