Got Rhinox, this figure comes mistransformed in robot mode, the waist is out of position and the upper arms aren't fully telescoped out. Instructions are pretty bad, missing key features like locking the lower jaw tab into the inside of the rhino head to keep it from falling apart, and the hips flipping all the way around in transformation.
- very good likeness
- decent range of motion, expressive
- good use of bulk
- mirror-twin, spinning chainguns of doom
- pretty good paint
- fairly show-accurate transformation
- loose leg joints lead to flopping issues
- some restrictions on range of motion
- a bit more kibble than I prefer
- semi-open hands aren't ideal
- some of the character's flaws are still present here
- pretty decent size
- chaingun storage is clever
- lower jaw opens
- upper jaw & head opens one click, complete with secondary panel
- deco is simple
- legs are immobile
- panel gap in a few spots, not major but noticeable
- all-black eyes might be accurate to the animal, but not this BW character
- backs of legs all show bot parts
- limbs have a specific orientation, but don't quite meet it or lock to it
All in all, this is a really good interpretation of Rhinox, but it does still suffer some of the mistakes that newer BW figures have, so your mileage may vary to a degree, but I think overall it's a good figure and a good homage.
Seen the Japanese TF Cloud Starscream? I didn't think this would work, but Starscream using the Blitzwing/Doubledealer triple changer mold has more appeal than I expected:
BTW, the artist and co-writer on these, Tom Scioli, had NEVER READ ANY LARRY HAMA BOOKS UNTIL HE GOT THIS JOB. http://comicsalliance.com/comics-by-...oe-larry-hama/
So you already got Whirl, huh? That's both awesome and frustrating since I didn't go in on that.
You are cruel. But that's not false, SW Hasbro was very painful to look at.It was better than Star Wars anyway.
I hadn't heard about leader Megatron, but the IDW tank would be nice; almost anything would be nice here minus more movie junk.I like the look of Jetfire and some people who claim to have seen leader Megatron say it is the IDW tank design, so I'm looking forward to those.