Page 566 of 585 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 5849
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I really dug the art in the preview. Wouldn't want it on every book, but a nice change of pace. (Then again, I love that dude who did Syndromica, and I'm supposed to hate him, so what do I know?)
    You can like Syndromica, I just can't see why you would. I didn't like it in either art style or story myself, but you do what you want.

Too bad about the decompression. I'll give it a chance, but I'm already annoyed by her rant against Furman and Spotlight: Arcee (because of course robots should have girls and anyone who thinks otherwise is a hateful misogynist ).
    It wasn't against Furman, it was against the work, and I know you worship the guy, but he was wrong. I'll break it down thusly:

- Furman claims there are no genders in TF. Previous continuities already had female TFs before IDW, there was a precedent.

- Furman claimed there were no male bots in TF, only genderless, yet the majority of the cast have male physiques, use male pronouns, and even sport male facial structures.

- So Furman writes that Jhiaxus experimenting with gender in Cybertronians turns Arcee female; the act of being turned female makes her insane.

There's supposed to be a 50/50 chance in the gender experiment and yet she gets turned into a woman and goes nuts, what kind of message is that? A hysterical female, the laziest of cliches. And then she's drawn as a sexual object with a thin waist, long legs, and breasts, and she's singled out as being the only female Cybertronian and the only one that will ever be - how much more objectified can it get? That is misogyny, whether intended or not.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm inclined to agree with JT. But I'm willing to bet it was unintentionally offensive to women. As for whether it was creatively sound, that's where I take offense

I don't worship the guy; he's certainly done some crap in his time (and Spotlight: Arcee wasn't his best at all). I just think that in IDW there was no gender. Then IDW published Megatron Origin largely unchanged from how it would've been printed by Dreamwave, tossing females into the mix. Arcee was driven insane by a fundamental violation of his/her very person. Arcee wasn't crazy because she was a she, she was crazy because she was a he who got what amounts to non-consensual gender reassignment surgery, becoming (for a while, at least) the only supposed female Transformer.

The genesis of IDW's universe was to be different from all previous incarnations. No Unicron, no Primus, no Matrix. No female Transformers. Because, honestly, for asexually-reproducing robots to have men and women is just ridiculous. Precedent from other universes doesn't count here. Male pronouns are only used because of the limitations of our own English language.

Furman set up the IDW universe and pretty much ran it single-handedly for a couple of years. If he said there are no females, then there are no females, at least until someone else changes it. I thought the execution was a bit lacking, but the idea of a way to get Arcee into the IDW-verse mostly unchanged physically, but way different mentally was clever.

Funny thing is, I usually seem to think too much like a feminist for the tastes of most comic book fans. Just in this case, I think it was better off with TF's being completely asexual and genderless.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It's a waste because it's an upscale titanium.
    Yes well if you look at my past posts in this thread that is exactly what I wanted.

I paid 200 aftermarket for two of the original titaniums. Yeah I might pay almost $500 for two of the larger ones.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

MP-22 Ultra Magnus is now confirmed to be an all new mold, no white cab Prime.

I would have taken it either way, but its probably better off this way.

But is it add-on armor or a complete 1-piece Transformer?

I'd prefer the latter.

I saw the pics. Looks good. Maybe the face on Citizen Stack is better, just to start with.

But this could save me money 'cause I couldn't afford either right now.

It just might be a 1-piece like the Titanium I so love.

Let's get Magnus right so we can move on to MP Galvatron and Cyclonus from G1 (and Scourge eventually - but he needs a reimagining and I'm not sure I want the G1 version there)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    But is it add-on armor or a complete 1-piece Transformer?

I'd prefer the latter.

I saw the pics. Looks good. Maybe the face on Citizen Stack is better, just to start with.
    Sorry, I thought my post implied that it wasn't part-former armor set. Text in the magazines the pictures originated from state its all one piece.

I disagree, the head on the MP is far better IMO. https://twitter.com/toydojo/status/459557737504837633

The original price on MP-22 was a placeholder on pretty much any site it was on pre-order from, and I believe it has now been readjusted to around the same price as Citizen Stack.

That does look good!

Looking at another picture (https://twitter.com/TFsource/status/459593405970915328) it seems that the cab portion at least borrows some of MP-10's engineering. It's kinda of neat, really.

Vehicle mode thankfully is pretty close to MP-10 as well. https://twitter.com/TFsource/status/459591810763874304

KFC announced they are redecoing Citizen Stack in Diaclone Powered Convoy and Shining Ultra Magnus versions. A Powered Convoy that doesn't have a Prime/Convoy seems strange to me. Shining Magnus was just strange in the first place.

If we get some big G1.5 inspired figures like this from MP, we'll be doing great:

Galvatron
    Cyclonus
    Springer (3-changer this size!)

And I'd like Scourge re-imagined as a modern military hovercraft or something realistic (but still transform into his traditional G1.5 robot).

I just don't know what it is about Magnus, but he's always been a favorite. He's just so cool.