Page 569 of 578 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 5773
    No real need to ask as there's the rumored leader class Megatron!

Are they finally going to make a Leader Class Megatron from Dark of the Moon - the almost "Onslaught-looking" truck?

Or maybe without the missile launchers, Megatron looked closer to Tankor, the G1 Triple Changer?

I'd be all over that.

Michael Bay is awesome!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Are they finally going to make a Leader Class Megatron from Dark of the Moon - the almost "Onslaught-looking" truck?
    The Megatron they're referring to is part of the Generations Leader asst with Jetfire and is rumored to be his current IDW design. (Thank robot Jesus.)

Michael Bay is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Annnyway, here's my interview with the Hasbro Transformers design team:
    http://www.actionfigs.com/content.ph...-of-Extinction
    Thanks JT.

Trying to figure out Botcon this year, although prospects are much shakier this go around. Anyone else going? *cough *JT*

I am going as press, yeah. Hope to see you there Adam. Anybody else? Always good to get the gang together for this, especially in my neck of the woods.

Oh, I really hope they are doing Megs in leader class with his IDW body, although we really need an OP that size to go with (oh noes, that'd be just the worst ). I think they'd have to do a rotating faction logo, stickers just won't do, and we all know it can't last.

Hasbro sent ActionFigs.com samples of Drift, Voyager Grimlock, and Leader Optimus to review, and I'm the Transformers reporter over there so I just finished up reviewing the last of them with full compliment of photos.

AOE Optimus Prime (Leader-class) review - neural, 5.5/10:
    http://www.actionfigs.com/content.ph...r-class-Review

AOE Grimlock (Voyager-class) review - neutral, 6/10:
    http://www.actionfigs.com/content.ph...Voyager-Review

AOE Drift (Deluxe-class) review - recommend, 7.5/10:
    http://www.actionfigs.com/content.ph...-Deluxe-Review

The AOE line hits mass retail this Saturday, while it's already been available online since Monday.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Very good reviews JediTricks. (I read Grimlock and Drift).

Drift is nice! Grimlock I can not only live with, but moderately look forward to.

Great that you were sent review samples! It's a good perk for the obviously detailed work you put into this (writing and photography).

I wished the other Dinobots were going to be the same color as Grimlock. Maybe they'll have repaint exclusives like they did with the special paint apps when the first movie series came out and places like Best Buy had exclusives?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Very good reviews JediTricks. (I read Grimlock and Drift).

Drift is nice! Grimlock I can not only live with, but moderately look forward to.

Great that you were sent review samples! It's a good perk for the obviously detailed work you put into this (writing and photography).

I wished the other Dinobots were going to be the same color as Grimlock. Maybe they'll have repaint exclusives like they did with the special paint apps when the first movie series came out and places like Best Buy had exclusives?
    Thanks.

Keep in mind, Drift is part of the new, smaller ethic, so he'll fit better with your DOTM figures (they're the same size) than he would your '07 and ROTF figures (they're larger). I had a hard time getting past his facial likeness, it's very strange, but I wanted to review it objectively and my personal take on it doesn't really matter from that POV.

Grimlock Voyager-class in that review appears to be superior to the Leader-class version, I have seen some brutal comments on that piece, so this would be the one to get. The repaints were "Platinum Series", and I know they are doing some of those coming up, but it's not so much a repaint as a chroming on the existing paint scheme (it'll come with Voyager Optimus evasion mode - the G1-looking version - who also gets chromed). This mold will be in another 2-pack with Energon Grimlock and again it looks like it won't get a serious repainting there. If you have any of your customizing paints left, you might want to just weather this existing paint job, I think it would look a lot better with that (the movie character also has red eyes while this figure has green).

BTW, I put Cyberverse Optimus DOTM on Optimus and he's a bit large for scale, but works adequately as there's a hump on the back that seems to be designed for a small figure (although the figure I just noticed actually fits best just ahead of that hump). I didn't want to photograph other figures in with these review samples as I didn't want to compare them, I would rather the focus be on the toy itself. Here's a few cellphone photos I just took:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140516_113703.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	28274 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140516_114231.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	28275 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140516_114821.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	28276 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140516_114905.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	28277

The other Dinobots probably won't get Platinum Series repaints, but you never know. There are a lot of them, 7 so far, not sure how many will appear in the movie but I know Strafe is in there because it's in the trailer and Bay wanted him to be Swoop but Hasbro said 2 heads made him too weird for Swoop.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At TRU, they had all the figures seemingly possible. The voyager Prime looks very promising, if you get one with a decent paint job. The one I saw was wayyy to red. The gimmick figures are terrible though.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Some street date that turned out to be. My local Target had no deluxes which is all I'm interested in for AOE. Slug, Lockdown and maybe Snort.

At least I was able to get Generations Cosmos and Swerve.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    At least I was able to get Generations Cosmos and Swerve.
    So that's why you brought them up on the Book of Faces. I thought fall at the earliest and didn't realize they were releasing concurrent with AOE.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Some street date that turned out to be. My local Target had no deluxes which is all I'm interested in for AOE. Slug, Lockdown and maybe Snort.
    The team that sets new POGs at Target are typically off on Saturday at a lot of stores, so unless a manager was aware of the Street Date, its not the least bit surprising that most Targets had nothing out.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So that's why you brought them up on the Book of Faces. I thought fall at the earliest and didn't realize they were releasing concurrent with AOE.
    They were supposed to have been out months ago originally! I got mine from Amazon a couple of days ago. It's my first purchase of these two pack guys (I've messed with a buddy's Prime and 'bee) and I think I made the right choice holding out! They're pretty cool little figures and I'm looking forward to Tailgate and maybe even the Insecticon.

I went out yesterday and picked up Scorn and Slug. Scorn is pretty neat, his right arm is that style that doesn't quite straighen out all the way though (think RtS Highbrow) but that's really the only big negative about him. Well, that and I wish his legs extended a tad more in robot mode. Slug is just OK, and I'm thinking about returning him. Movie toys just need to be better than OK for me to keep them at this point.