Page 570 of 578 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573574 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 5779
    I haven't opened up Swerve yet but the cantina glasses that came with a few Saga SW figs, like Momaw, should be able to fit into Swerve's hands, correct?

Beats me, I don't have any cantina glasses anymore.

Two Targets. A couple of AOE figures, no new Generations. This makes me sad. I could use a drink. But there's no Swerve to serve me one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    At TRU, they had all the figures seemingly possible. The voyager Prime looks very promising, if you get one with a decent paint job. The one I saw was wayyy to red. The gimmick figures are terrible though.
    I saw that at my local TRU, decided to pass as the paint is too simplistic and I hate the "mouth" face design, it's mouthplate or nothing for me at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Some street date that turned out to be. My local Target had no deluxes which is all I'm interested in for AOE. Slug, Lockdown and maybe Snort.

At least I was able to get Generations Cosmos and Swerve.
    Nice get! Lockdown is a while off.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So that's why you brought them up on the Book of Faces. I thought fall at the earliest and didn't realize they were releasing concurrent with AOE.
    Like Adam said, they were technically out 2 months ago, but nobody was putting product on shelves or even ordering cases. I was super lucky to find the duo not long ago, guess I should have bought all 4 of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    They were supposed to have been out months ago originally! I got mine from Amazon a couple of days ago. It's my first purchase of these two pack guys (I've messed with a buddy's Prime and 'bee) and I think I made the right choice holding out! They're pretty cool little figures and I'm looking forward to Tailgate and maybe even the Insecticon.
    These are the first ones that are really good. Before this, it was Megatron and honestly, he doesn't hold a candle to these guys - he's more complicated to transform, but less satisfying. And the wave before, BLEH, the only reason to buy that Optimus is because that's the only IDW Optimus in this design at all, and it's pretty shoddy.

I compared Swerve to the very first Cyb Cmdr figure, DOTM Optimus, it's like night and day, one is a proper character and the other is a mountain of sad compromises - and that Optimus isn't even that bad, just so meh by comparison.

I went out yesterday and picked up Scorn and Slug. Scorn is pretty neat, his right arm is that style that doesn't quite straighen out all the way though (think RtS Highbrow) but that's really the only big negative about him. Well, that and I wish his legs extended a tad more in robot mode. Slug is just OK, and I'm thinking about returning him. Movie toys just need to be better than OK for me to keep them at this point.
    I hear ya there, I'm not buying any Dinobots at all, the colors and designs don't remind me of Transformers in any way so it really has to be a good figure to separate me from my cash, especially at these prices. Had Scorn been not bright screaming red though, that was the one I looked at more than once.

Then again, you've said not-terrible things about Crosshairs and that figure looks like a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I haven't opened up Swerve yet but the cantina glasses that came with a few Saga SW figs, like Momaw, should be able to fit into Swerve's hands, correct?
    I don't have any unpacked glasses to check, but I would think so, the SW hands are cupped smaller than 5mm.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The local WM stocked a metric ton of the G1 Legion figures!!

Unfortunately, it was all that stupid Bumblebee and Optimus they clearanced out a whole year ago.

JT, Legion Starscream was actually a really good figure for that scale. Did you not get him, or do you disagree?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Then again, you've said not-terrible things about Crosshairs and that figure looks like a disaster.
    Well those had to be early impressions, I didn't buy him so I came around I guess, hah. I think he looks OK but not good enough to buy. I have read reviews that basically say he's horribly mis-transformed in package and is better in hand. I'm still not super interested in him despite my general weakness for Autobot cars.

I am also revising my opinion slightly on Slug, I didn't realize his dino mode limbs plug into his torso in bot mode. It stabilizes the arms somewhat and I'm OK with him now. I'm going Dinobots only on this line, with few exceptions. (I too balk at Evasion Prime w/o face plate.) I understand what you mean about the colors, but it doesn't bother me. (I would have preferred a mostly G1 grey deco with individual color highlights.) Although Slash looks gaudy and kinda dumb with those feathers or whatever. Strafe is the only thing I'm really aiming to get that might be out soon. I hear mostly good things about voyager Hound, but I'm not curious enough to get him at this point.

I'm all set for Botcon so I guess we can do lunch again on Saturday if that's when you're there JT.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The local WM stocked a metric ton of the G1 Legion figures!!

Unfortunately, it was all that stupid Bumblebee and Optimus they clearanced out a whole year ago.

JT, Legion Starscream was actually a really good figure for that scale. Did you not get him, or do you disagree?
    Yeah, stores here have been putting out a ton of Bumblebee and Optimus Legends (they're not Legion, that's a smaller scale. These are really the same scale as Commanders, but they come with a buddy figure so they're "Legends" even though they already used that name for a much smaller, less satisfying product).

I didn't get Starscream because at the time I found him, I had just gotten the Fall of Cybertron Starscream deluxe figure and was hoping to find Waspinator as well (never did). Now he's everywhere and I just got Armada-inspired dlx Starscream.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Well those had to be early impressions, I didn't buy him so I came around I guess, hah. I think he looks OK but not good enough to buy. I have read reviews that basically say he's horribly mis-transformed in package and is better in hand. I'm still not super interested in him despite my general weakness for Autobot cars.
    You didn't get him? How funny. Understandable, he's pretty stinky-looking in all the pics I'm seeing, and I did see a review showing how badly mistransformed he is in package, but he's still a wreck transformed correctly.

I am also revising my opinion slightly on Slug, I didn't realize his dino mode limbs plug into his torso in bot mode. It stabilizes the arms somewhat and I'm OK with him now. I'm going Dinobots only on this line, with few exceptions. (I too balk at Evasion Prime w/o face plate.) I understand what you mean about the colors, but it doesn't bother me. (I would have preferred a mostly G1 grey deco with individual color highlights.) Although Slash looks gaudy and kinda dumb with those feathers or whatever. Strafe is the only thing I'm really aiming to get that might be out soon. I hear mostly good things about voyager Hound, but I'm not curious enough to get him at this point.
    I suppose I'm the exact opposite, only vehiclebots for me right now.

I'm all set for Botcon so I guess we can do lunch again on Saturday if that's when you're there JT.
    Sounds like a good plan!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Finally found two Swerves at the Moreno Valley SuperTarget, and bought one. (Trailcutter is thirsty!) No Cosmoses, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I noticed with Hasbro's TF:AOE product line that the Deluxes and the Power Attacker figures are on nearly identical cards and both stores are already confusing one with the other, despite their different prices and products. The only physical difference is that deluxes are on a slightly bigger card that's rounded at the top, while Power Attackers have a small Power Attacker burst logo on the character art. This is going to be a dark time for Transformers collectors.

I figure any movie year to be a dark time.

Swerve, by the way, is a figure that truly does justice to the character your 1987 self would laugh at you about if you could somehow tell him Swerve's your new favorite because he's amazing.
    Tommy, close your eyes.