Thread: Tatouine

Exclamation Tatouine

Is there any of you who visited Tatouine in Tunis, the place where SW was shot?
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I'd love to, but the closest I ever got to Tunisia was Rome, Italy over a decade ago. I live closer to Yuma, Arizona (ROJ Tatooine) or Redwood City (Endor moon), being a California resident (no jokes, please).

But I can visit the Hamburger Hamlet where Lucas saw the long lines for SW back in '77 by simply driving for an hour west! Okay, 7 hours...
    "That's what Sheev said."

No, but I too would love to see it. Is it true that part of the Lars homestead set remains at the site (thought I had read that somewhere)? Getting some pics or home video with that backdrop would be a dream come true.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

A few guys that went were featured in SW Insider. Very good read.

the website goes into wonderful detail.

http://www.tatooine.tk/

We putting together a trip? Does Southwest fly that far??
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I live closer to Yuma, Arizona (ROJ Tatooine) or Redwood City (Endor moon), being a California resident (no jokes, please).

But I can visit the Hamburger Hamlet where Lucas saw the long lines for SW back in '77 by simply driving for an hour west! Okay, 7 hours...
    I briefly lived in Phoenix 10 years ago, and other than that have lived in LA all my life. When Ep 1 came out, I sat in that very Hamburger Hamlet watching the lines (BTW, wasn't it Lucas sitting there with Spielberg?) with a small sense of history. Unlike BCJ though, it's only about 3 miles down the road from me, I could walk there, see a movie, have lunch, and walk back in that 7 hours.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu
    Is there any of you who visited Tatouine in Tunis, the place where SW was shot?
    No, but I've been in Tetuan, Morocco, which is in the (North African) neighborhood.

It would be great to see the film location site first hand, tho!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!