Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

John-Rhys Davies to voice Grevious

Visit theforce.net for these news in detail. Personally I think it's a terrible idea
    Last edited by Elliejabbapop; 09-20-2004 at 09:49 AM.
    I'm Galactic Emperoress no more (and a bunch of hypocrites won't even let me explain why) :-(

I have faith that George will take the right path
    (edit: he has :-))

Re: John-Rhys Davies to voice Grevious

Ok, that's a great decision. I love John-Rhys Davies, and his voice would be perfect for General Grevious. Good choice, M'Lord Lucas.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Eh, I don't know about this. I don't want Grievous to sound like Gimli, that would suck! Hopefully he can branch out a bit. And I don't mean like Treebeard.

Okay bad pun.

John-Rhys Davies has done a lot of voices over his career, so I think he can come up with something fairly unique. I never liked the idea of DeNiro doing the voice anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I normally don't lurk in these waters, but that topic enticed me in.

Is this confirmed? Pretty cool, though why wouldn't they go with the actor who played him in the Clone Wars? That voice gave me the willies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Ok, that's a great decision. I love John-Rhys Davies, and his voice would be perfect for General Grevious. Good choice, M'Lord Lucas.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Are you being ironic or are you just nuts? John Rhys-Davies doesn't have a creeky, sinister voice... he's totally wrong!!!
    I'm Galactic Emperoress no more (and a bunch of hypocrites won't even let me explain why) :-(

I have faith that George will take the right path
    (edit: he has :-))

Great choice.

Have you ever heard this guy's normal voice ? Gimli would sound dumb, sure, but I think JR-D can pull it off nicely.

Besides, with Gary Oldman we would be subject to more 5th Element comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliejabbapop
    Are you being ironic or are you just nuts? John Rhys-Davies doesn't have a creeky, sinister voice... he's totally wrong!!!
    I'm being totally serious, John-Rhys Davies has an amazing range of voices. I can't wait to hear how General Grevious sounds. And agreed Ceaser, I wasn't a fan of the idea of Gary Oldman doing the voice either.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The seperatist ship is surrounded by republic forces about to break in at any minute.

Dooku: We cannot give up general, we must face them though we almost certainly will die.

Grievous: YES!!!!!
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I suppose it could be worse. It could of been Ozzy Osbourne.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection