Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My first thought was Shadows as well, not a bad story. The Thrawn trilogy would work in an animated format as well, but it would be quite a long story to tell.

I'd like to see Darth Vader: The early years (there was some rumour of a TV show along these lines was there not?), and some backstory regarding Palpatine - how he became Sith, who his Master was, how he found Darth Maul, how Dooku took his place, etc.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I would like to see some cartoons based on some of the novels done out there.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I'd like to see Darth Vader: The early years (there was some rumour of a TV show along these lines was there not?), and some backstory regarding Palpatine - how he became Sith, who his Master was, how he found Darth Maul, how Dooku took his place, etc.
    That sounds like a good idea, one I'd watch.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Re: Ideas for more Star Wars cartoons.

i wanted to revive this thread, because i still would really like to see more cartoons (and animated figures!!!) involving not only PT characters, but OT characters as well as expanded universe style tales.

imagine seeing luke and biggs taking beggars canyon, day-dreaming about joining the academy... or the story of how luke made his lightsaber. maybe a story arc about the rise of the sith, darth nemesis, and the old days of the jedi knights.

and then we could have animated figures of luke, leia, han, chewie, etc...

since the animated figures are the only things star wars i've collected in more than a year, i'd say this could be an untapped goldmine. and a way for star wars to continue after ep III...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

i'd say this could be an untapped goldmine. and a way for star wars to continue after ep III...
    I would still love to see more SW cartoons. But SciFi magazine once again brought up the up coming live action Star Wars television series. I honestly believe this is in the works, probably for 06. Which would also explaing Hasbro's continued contract until 2018.
    May the force be with you.

As a kid, I liked Brian Daley's novels that chronicled the adventures of Han Solo & Chewie before they got mixed up in the Rebellion. So a 'toon about their smuggling days would be fun. They could have run-ins with the Hutts, bounty hunters, the Empire, and other criminal syndicates. Even Lando Calrissian could make a guest appearance.

I would like to see a cartoon that had to do with Vader, prior to A New Hope. See him hunt down the few remaining Jedi who escaped the Clone Wars alive. Various little planetary rebellions against the Empire and how he went about crushing those who resisted. Make it dark and geared more towards teens and adults.

Or maybe a cartoon from someone on the Empires side, a stormtrooper perhaps who begins to question the Empires cause and his role in enforcing what Palpatine deems to be right.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Or maybe a cartoon from someone on the Empires side, a stormtrooper perhaps who begins to question the Empires cause and his role in enforcing what Palpatine deems to be right.
    Stormtroopers never question. They are unflinching and unquestioningly loyal to the Empire! That's why they are called Stormtroopers! Or is it, that's why people like that are refered to as Stormtroopers. Chicken...egg...you get the idea.
    May the force be with you.

I would definitely like to see more SW cartoons, as long as Genndy kept doing them. Those horrible Droids and Ewoks cartoons just don't work. How about:

*Tales - Not based on the weird comics, but on the Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Jabba's Palace, etc. series. These would be really cool to see done, especially as cartoons. Then we would even get to see some scenes from the films done as cartoons. That'd be sweet!
    *Han & Chewie - As many people said, the early adventures of Han and Chewbacca. They'd have to change anything from the EU to fit with ROTS though, even though I have no idea if Han will be in there (God, I hope not). I heard Genndy say he'd be interested in this anyway.
    *Masters of the Force - Just random stories about Jedi and Sith, in their training days and as-yet-untold missions. More Coleman Trebor and Pablo-Jill is always a good thing. I like that idea of Sidious's rise to power and training of Maul, Tyranus, and Vader.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

that's what i'm talking about, they could do all of that if they had a series that jumped from one time to another. one story arc in the "tales of the jedi" era, one in the OT, one in the time after ROJ, etc.

only, i wouldn't want them to re-hash stuff, i want all new stories. i mean, really, we've already "seen" any of the EU stuff in books, games, and comics. if they did new stories, utilizing the characters we've known, and maybe back-ground characters as well, that would be cool.

SK, any word on what this live-action star wars show is going to encompass?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope