Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ideas for more Star Wars cartoons.

So I got to thinking. With the success of the Clone Wars Animated series, what would be some other cartoon projects you would like to see.

Here are a few I came up with.

1. Shadows of the Empire - A feature length cartoon or a mini-series with 5 half hour shows.

2. Pre Star Wars 'A New Hope' - A feature length cartoon based along the lines of the, now famous Radio Drama.

3. Heir to the Empire - 3 feature length cartoons based on the Zahn novels, or as I affectionatly call them Star Wars EP7, 8 and 9.

4. New Jedi Order - A series based on the war between the Galaxy and the Vong, with the main emphasis on the Jedi.

5. Knights of the Old Republic - A series based on the Old time Jedi Knights.

6. Boba Fett - A feature length cartoon based on Boba Fett pre-ANH.

I'm still not sure what kind of animation I would want to see for these. Maybe something highly detailed like Final Fantasy for the Heir to the Empire movies. Then GL could release them in Theaters. The others would be toned down and probably be straight to DVD releases.
    May the force be with you.

I would love to see heir to the empire made into some sort of cartoon/movie. Those are great stories.

NJO - could be interesting.

Bounty Hunter Diaries - Based on the various bounty hunters from SW.

Something bridging the gapbetween EP3 and ANH
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I would love to see heir to the empire made into some sort of cartoon/movie. Those are great stories.

True, True. I would love to se these made into live action movies, even if they had to recast the characters since they've gotten older at this point. I thought Zahn's books captured the feeling of the OT closest out of just about anything that's been published.

Another one I'd like to see as live action (I guess it could be done as animation too) is I, Jedi.

How about animated X-Wing Rogue Squadron?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman

True, True. I would especially like to see the Thrawn Trilogy made into live action, even if they had to recast the characters, as the actors are getting older now. I thought that this Trilogy most closely captured the feeling of the OT out of just about everything I've read.

I think it would be cool to see I, Jedi made as well.

How about an animated X-Wing Rogue Squadron?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

if they made an anthology "star wars adventures" animated series, we wouldn't have to decide... they could do a story arc or single episode anywhere at any time in the star wars universe... i think that would be the best way for them to go (if they were to do something like this...)
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Perhaps a series based on Corran Horn's days in CorSec? That could be cool.

I'm surprised no one ever did a Jar Jar cartoon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I would also like to see the Jedi Academy game made into a movie. Where you see PAdawans going out on some missions.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

They did Chux, it's called "The Phantom Menace".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    So I got to thinking. With the success of the Clone Wars Animated series, what would be some other cartoon projects you would like to see.

Here are a few I came up with.

1. Shadows of the Empire - A feature length cartoon or a mini-series with 5 half hour shows.

2. Pre Star Wars 'A New Hope' - A feature length cartoon based along the lines of the, now famous Radio Drama.

3. Heir to the Empire - 3 feature length cartoons based on the Zahn novels, or as I affectionatly call them Star Wars EP7, 8 and 9.

4. New Jedi Order - A series based on the war between the Galaxy and the Vong, with the main emphasis on the Jedi.

5. Knights of the Old Republic - A series based on the Old time Jedi Knights.

6. Boba Fett - A feature length cartoon based on Boba Fett pre-ANH.

I'm still not sure what kind of animation I would want to see for these. Maybe something highly detailed like Final Fantasy for the Heir to the Empire movies. Then GL could release them in Theaters. The others would be toned down and probably be straight to DVD releases.

I love this whole idea. I came into the SW TV section to post something like this and saw Sith_Killer's thread and here I am. I've only read his first post (Quoted Above) thus far, but I was just watching my Cartoon Network CW DVDs and was thinking the same thing: how would an animation with the Classic characters fly? That would be kind of fun with Han, Luke, and Leia all over again - and a cartoon Chewie!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Okay, I'm gonna skip the "dig up that old fossil" joke.

I missed the pick up they had on this thread back in 2007.

So here we are on the verge of the first "box office" animated SW film.

I still say we need the Zhan trilogy. Too sweet, they could still get most of the original cast to do the voice work. Mark has a lot of experience in that area, so it wouldn't be a stretch. Carrie wouldn't have to worry about going on a crash diet to lose weight for the film. It's the perfect idea!

Besides, the Clone Wars is played out IMO.
    May the force be with you.