Hybrid View

Question Elevator disassembly

This question applies to either the Land of the Jawas or Hoth Ice Planet playsets. Does any one know how I can remove an assembled elevator from the cardboard backdrop without damaging either the elevator or cardboard? I resonantly got the Hoth playset and storage would be a lot easier on me and safer for the cardboard if the elevator was disassembled.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I dont think it comes apart with out breaking it. It was one whole piece IIRC. Is there a little screw on the back, I dont think so, but the last time i looked at it was abut 15 years ago.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I got Land of the Jawas for Christmas back in '79 while my little bro' received the Creature Cantina set. I remember helping my dad with the stickers. Great souvenirs!

Unfortunately I don't have it anymore. Mom sold it at a local flea market many years ago ... Still, if I remember correctly, there is a way to remove the elevator but you have to be a little rough Lusifer. If I'm right, I used to quickly slip the elevator down so that it can "snap" its way out of the cardboard. Then after I had no problem putting it in place again.

I think the best thing you can do is leave the thing where it is. But if you give it a try, be careful and know what you're doing Cat from Hell!
    "I'm ready for anything."
    [font=courier]Luke Skywalker[/font]

"Tell me my Life is about to begin tell me that I'm a Hero!"
    [font=courier]Genesis, The Knife[/font]