Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Anybody else see the first 'lost' ep. of Chappelle's Show? While it had its moments I didn't think it was all that great, granted its bits from here and there thrown together, I hope the other 2 are better.

Yea, I checked it out JJB. I wasn't very impressed either but I did get a kick out of that last skit when that DJ is playing Tupac at the club.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I missed it, I'll probably wait for the DVD...unless I happen across one of its 38 repeat showings.

I gotta admit, that Tupac bit had me giggling.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I thought it was really poor, i didnt find any segment to be hilarious. I'll watch to see how the others turn out, but if i were to judge them by this one im not expecting much out of them.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Wow, you guys are cold-hearted, there was almost nothing I *didn't* find funny in that. I think Dave was right when he said no matter how good it is, everybody will always say it's not as good as last season. The only part that didn't work was the rap songs as CNN, that one needed better setup, delivery, and another ending - it still had funny stuff though. I watched most of it and felt like "how could Dave walk away from this? This is good stuff, expressive and funny and fresh, how could he not see past all the side-crap and just do more of this?"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You had to have listened to "Enter the 36 Chambers" by Wu-Tang to get some of that stuff.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I got the premise which was enough I felt, I just didn't think the execution completely worked on its own, it was short, static, no interaction, no secondary follow-up story or anything, it felt unfinished to me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Wow, you guys are cold-hearted, there was almost nothing I *didn't* find funny in that. I think Dave was right when he said no matter how good it is, everybody will always say it's not as good as last season. The only part that didn't work was the rap songs as CNN, that one needed better setup, delivery, and another ending - it still had funny stuff though. I watched most of it and felt like "how could Dave walk away from this? This is good stuff, expressive and funny and fresh, how could he not see past all the side-crap and just do more of this?"
    I thought it was good stuff BUT the thing is all those bits were put together to make a 30 min. show. For example we got two "Dave is super rich" bits which I don't think would have happened in one show had there been an entire season. Also there wasn't a "long" skit rather it was a bunch of short skits. Again I think that was due to the fact it was put together with what footage was already shot.