Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Chappelle's Show

I love this show.

The Charlie Murphy stories with Rick James has to be the funniest one yet.

I also liked the Black White Supremacist from the first season.

I also feel that the music is taking up valuable sketch time, especially in a 30 minute show. Of course, I never liked having music on my comedy shows anyway.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lando In My Pants
    I also liked the Black White Supremacist from the first season.
    Oh man, that is another really inspired one. When that one guy's head explodes, I almost soiled myself!

I also feel that the music is taking up valuable sketch time, especially in a 30 minute show. Of course, I never liked having music on my comedy shows anyway.
    Absolutely agree! Music bits are straight out of old variety show corn, alongside jugglers and contortionists, which itself is just a throwback to vaudeville. The only time they work is when they tie into a sketch, like Chappelle's recent "White folks CAN dance, but..." sketch (really a short film).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"Cocaine is one h . . l of a drug."

I just about laughed everytime they replayed that Rick James quote.

Chapelle is one funny guy and he while he does the push the envelope with racism and vulgarity, I think he is cutting-edge and refreshing.

You can always win my laughter on poo-poo and pee humor, so that is why I liked last week's episode where he talks about how R. Kelly was innocent and how peeing can be digitally inserted into video. To prove his point, he whizzed all over the prosecutor, saying "See. Did I just do that?"

The one sketch of the family of whose name I will not mention for it is a racist word (it ain't a stretch to think of it, because they say the word about 85 times per episode) was full of irony and tummy-tickling humor.

Season 1 is on DVD, my brother got it for our birthday, and we have had much joy watching the different episodes, our favorite being Clayton Biggs, the "black white supremacist."
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

"What did the five fingers say to the face?"
    "SLAP!"

Best show on T.V.!
    My favorite.
    I watch the season 1 DVDs all the time.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
    You can always win my laughter on poo-poo and pee humor, so that is why I liked last week's episode where he talks about how R. Kelly was innocent and how peeing can be digitally inserted into video. To prove his point, he whizzed all over the prosecutor, saying "See. Did I just do that?"
    Holy crap!! That skit was HILARIOUS!!! When the prosecutor asked him what it would take for him to believe the video and he said, "I'd need to see R. Kelly, the girl with two forms of government ID, 4 of my friends and (whomever) taking notes and R. Kelly's Grandmother" i nearly lost it. When she was holding up the ID's while still getting rained on and then the granny said, "That's my robert; always peeing on people!!" I lost it and laughed hysterically.

I got the season 1 DVD's yesterday; i love the Clayton Biggs one and i especially love the Jedi Scandal one. "Get high, do you?" I cannot wait for season 2 on DVD! cheers!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I need to get these DVDs. The Clayton Biggs sketch is one of the funniest damn things I have ever seen. Absolutely tear inspiring.

Hey, my mind is a bit foggy right now, but am I correct in remembering a sketch similar to the Real World in which that white college guy's girlfriend comes for a visit and ends up "getting together" with the guy's roommate ? Oh man, that was ridiculously funny.

Last night's episode was pretty good, but nasty as hell. I liked the puppets the best.

Gonorrhea: "Hey Dave Chappelle, I haven't seen you for a while."

I nearly lost it when the puppet pulled down his pants and the girl barfed. That was gross, but funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I need to get these DVDs. The Clayton Biggs sketch is one of the funniest damn things I have ever seen. Absolutely tear inspiring.
    Yes you do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Hey, my mind is a bit foggy right now, but am I correct in remembering a sketch similar to the Real World in which that white college guy's girlfriend comes for a visit and ends up "getting together" with the guy's roommate ? Oh man, that was ridiculously funny.
    Yeah, that was "The Mad Real World" where Dave wondered what it would be like if they stuck one white person in a group of six black people, instead of the other way around. Hilarious!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    I love the Jedi Scandal one. "Get high, do you?" I cannot wait for season 2 on DVD! cheers!!
    (In best Yoda voice) "Good blow this is. H**ny it makes me."

Scandalous indeed.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

"F**K yo couch, Eddie Murphy. F**K yo couch!"
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.