Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Treasure Hunters

Anyone watching this show, besides me?

I find it a cross between Amazing Race and National Treasure, the movie.

Some of the teams are interesting (the Wild Hanlons!), and there are a few little things the producers could do to spice up the show, like making the teams arrange for travel like the AR teams do.

I watched the 1st episode and was so annoyed that I haven't watched since. It was like follow the leader. Half of the teams just waited for a group to figure out the puzzle then followed along.

Initially I thought it's rule, as you said a little of AR and National Treasure, but I don't know has it got better?
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Ditto to what Bantha said. I watched the 2 hr premiere that I though was never going to end. It seemed very slow paced. I watched the episode after that too I believe but I haven't seen it since. I do miss those Hanlons though and I'm sure once they got kicked off the show I would have stopped watching anyways. I may regret my decision if they make it to the end but for some reason I can't see that happening.

Like Bantha said, has it improved any?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I'd give it another shot. Bravo has aired reruns. I missed the first hour of the two-hour premiere myself but have watched it since.

The Hanlons are gone, and I do miss them just because of the comic relief they provided. They made the show interesting. They read way too much into some of the clues. Their best incident: they left a challenge on purpose to get a burger! Drove an 80-mile round trip for Burger King!!

It's getting better. One team, the all-girl grad students, dropped out because one of the girls twisted her knee real bad. A doc told her she could continue the game but might injure her knee further to the point where surgery was required.

One of the Brown brothers got hurt in the South Carolina swamp and had to be hauled out. Think he tore muscles.

The product placement is getting a little much. 'Let's ask Ask.com' and the calls on the Motorola phones. I guess the contestants get a little $$ every time they say a product name.

You still watching this show OC? I never did give it a second chance although I did flip it on there the other night. Did the Fogals get kicked off? I don't care who wins this show as long as the Fogals don't.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I am, but I'm a little behind.

I accidentally read a spoiler about the Fogals getting kicked off. Thanks, Entertainment Weekly.com!

I've been watching it. Fogals got booted last episode.

i really like it - but BB is on - and that is taking up most of my posting time..

Glad to hear the fogals got kicked off.

Quote Originally Posted by pegger
    i really like it - but BB is on - and that is taking up most of my posting time..
    Tell me about it...

I'm caught up, UK. Watched this week's episode this morning before work.

Kayte Fogal was very bratty throughout most of the show. I'm really surprised she didn't show herself when the family was eliminated.

I also noticed something with this particular episode. Unlike Amazing Race, locations stayed open late for the TH teams to search for clues. No time for rest until you find the clue or are eliminated. And you know the teams were dragging, between the jet lag and traveling from Paris to London.

What I'd give to see the Wild Hanlons trying to find the clues in some of these later episodes! Couldn't you see those guys lost in Paris??

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    I'm caught up, UK. Watched this week's episode this morning before work.
    Good to hear!

I also noticed something with this particular episode. Unlike Amazing Race, locations stayed open late for the TH teams to search for clues. No time for rest until you find the clue or are eliminated. And you know the teams were dragging, between the jet lag and traveling from Paris to London.
    I kinda like that idea. That was one thing that always bugged me about TAR. Teams would always catch up to eachother waiting for something to open or waiting for a plane or something. But I understand why they do that at the same time. Though it still bothers me to see a team bust their a55 and put some distance b/w theirselves and the other team(s) only to see them have to wait 8 hrs for something to open and the other teams catch up to them. Oh well, I know they aren't going to change the format and I don't really blame them. CBS has a good thing going with TAR and they need not mess it up (as they almost did and dodged a bullet with the Family Edition).

What I'd give to see the Wild Hanlons trying to find the clues in some of these later episodes! Couldn't you see those guys lost in Paris??
    LOL. That would be awesome. I hope we haven't seen the last of these guys.

Keep us posted on what is going on with Treasure Hunters OC, what you like, dislike, etc. I'll try and have it on the tele if I'm home and there is nothing else on.