Hybrid View

Chappelle's Show

Does anyone else watch this show? I think it is one of the funniest shows on TV. It's pretty offensive, to everyone, but it's all in good fun. Some of my favorite sketches are Li'l Jon, oh my god now my sister and I laugh our heads off whenever we har his song!!! It's on Comedy Central Wednesdays and sometimes on Saturdays, but not this past week for some reason. Unfortunately when it's on Saturday, it's the same time as Mad TV and SNL, so I always switch between the three.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yeah, i watch this show religiously. I must say that it's probably the funniest show on TV right now, if not in years. I think a lot of the sketches are pretty risky and that makes them hella funnier. I'm also in college now and i can safely say that, "WHAT?!" "OK!!!" and "YEAH!!" have taken over "hello!" and whatnot while roaming around town on the weekends. I can't wait for season 2 on DVD! cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I watch it quite often too. I think the funniest segments are Charlie Murphys true hollywood stories. The Rick James one was hilarious. "Im Rick James, .....!" The Lil John ones are funny too. WHAT??? I cant think of one segment that didnt have me laughing. SNL and MadTV are lame compared to Show.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I've been watching the show since day 1, it's really funny. There are some bits that feel really hackneyed, and a few that are just being carryed by old cheap stereotypes, but there are a lot of brilliant moments as well that challenge and make fun of "old cheap stereotypes". The Lil Jon gag was funny once, when he did it the second time in that ep I felt like he was milking it but it still had laughs, but then he brought it back twice more and it seemed derivative (read: Mad TV, SNL ) even though both bits actually did have something original to each. Charlie Murphy's 2 major stories were pretty funny, I was surprised they carried entire eps. The "I Know Black People" gameshow was funny too, I was dying when the Korean grocer dude guessed what Bookman on Good Times did without ever seeing the show.

The one thing I don't really care all that much for is the musical bits at the end, they're played too straight, and though it is commendable to see different flavors from what you'd normally get on most commercial radio & TV, it's kinda a flat note to end almost every show.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Fer Shizzle................
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The one thing I don't really care all that much for is the musical bits at the end, they're played too straight, and though it is commendable to see different flavors from what you'd normally get on most commercial radio & TV, it's kinda a flat note to end almost every show.
    I agree, it's kinda flat to end the show with the music bits. I love the Lil John skits as well. It cracks me up when he begins to talk in a civilized tone, then all of a sudden burst out in "Yyyyyyyyyyyyyea!" My fav skits thus far for Chappelle's Show have to be Samuel Jackson Beer and Blackzilla.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

I forgot the internet sketch.
    "Hey Dave, I have a secret to tell you . . .
    Want to increase size of your p****?"
    Oh man that was so funny, and so true. I love the Prince episode of Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories. "That's game . . . blouses."

"Goodbye fried rice, hello fried chicken!"
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram