Quote Originally Posted by Fangoria Online
Creature Corner, citing an item on the Collinwood DARK SHADOWS site, reports that P.J. Hogan has taken over the directorial reins on the WBís new reincarnation of DARK SHADOWS. Hogan, whose credits include mostly lighter fare like MY BEST FRIENDíS WEDDING and the recent PETER PAN, replaces X FILES veteran Rob Bowman, who dropped out due to commitments to the DAREDEVIL spinoff film ELEKTRA that heís doing for Fox. In addition, the site says that Marley Shelton and Ivana Milicevic are the first actresses cast in the show, taking the roles of Victoria Winters and the evil witch Angelique respectively. Sheltonís credits include the lead role in the slasher flick VALENTINE and a duplicitous princess in Ronny Yuís fantasy WARRIORS OF VIRTUE; model-turned-actress Milicevic has guested on BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER and other shows and appeared in films including VANILLA SKY.
OK, so we still don't know who playing Barnabas Collins, yet. I wonder how young they'll go with the part. Both previous Barnabas actors (Jonathan Frid and Ben Cross) were middle-aged, but I'm guessing that The WB is going to go younger--early 30s at the very least, since Marley Shelton is 29. Then again, why not just get Borreanaz?