Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX Y-Wing

Cool FX Y-Wing

Just an idea since we got Dutch Vander, and we already have the FX X-wing why not make a Y-Wing in scale to the X-Wing since the Target Y-Wing was hard to find. Include a new exclusive pilot, removable of course, and the electronics can be flight sounds, laser sounds, and voice overs from Star Wars. Point is this Y-Wing should similar to the Saga versions not the classic / vintage series.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I thought I had read somewhere that they were planning an OT release of this ship? I would imagine that would mean a direct copy of the Target one, or with any luck a slight re-working of that version. I do like the bigger X-Wing (the Dagobah one, I don't have the Power FX version), but I like it with mixed emotions. I don't like the fact that they changed the scale of the ship because it makes my other X-Wings look disproportionate if I display them all together.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

If they do an OT release of the Y-Wing I think it should have the space to fit an R2 unit like the recent X-Wing, as well as the original '77 Y-Wing. With or without figure? Hmmmmmmmm that'sa toughie.
    People who whine about scalpers need to GET A LIFE.

Re: FX Y-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I thought I had read somewhere that they were planning an OT release of this ship? I would imagine that would mean a direct copy of the Target one, or with any luck a slight re-working of that version. I do like the bigger X-Wing (the Dagobah one, I don't have the Power FX version), but I like it with mixed emotions. I don't like the fact that they changed the scale of the ship because it makes my other X-Wings look disproportionate if I display them all together.
    I haven't heard any talk of a Hasbro redo of the Y-Wing, but there is some serious rumors of a Lego UCS Y-Wing coming out later this year on shop at home. Perhaps that's where you heard it from.

I passed on the FX X-Wing due to the scale and that you can't take the Luke out of the vehicle. It was just a big turnoff for me. If Hasbro does a Y-Wing like that I'll just leave it on the shelf for someone else.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Out of all the ships produced thus far this is the one most worthy of a re-release IMO. The original was way to difficult to find and the prices this thing fetches on the secondary market are unreasonable as far as I'm concerned.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

This one and the Desert Skiff. Both were hard to find, high secondary prices and in need of re-scaling. Bad, real bad.
    Gimme a break!!!

Knowing Hasbro, they'd never go to the trouble to resculpt the Y-Wing to be more porportionate to the FX X-Wing. They should at least retool the thing to include sturdier landing gear and a pack-in Astromech droid, with a slot to put it in. Make it a TRU or Wal-Mart exclusive.

the fx x-wing is my favourite vehicle ever - much better and more accurate than the original even though you couldn't remove luke. i can't see hasbro taking the time to do an fx version of the y-wing though. the y-wing was never officially released in the uk and those i have seen were bloody expensive for what it was and an fx version isn't going to get any cheaper. i can't see why they would re-tool the piece either, knowing that there are lots of people who didn't get one first time round. just release it in new packaging and it will probably sell anyway, so there is no incentive for hasbro to do anything to it.

Check out the new insider for info about the Sandcrawler and new Y-Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by darthdeogg
    If they do an OT release of the Y-Wing I think it should have the space to fit an R2 unit like the recent X-Wing, as well as the original '77 Y-Wing. With or without figure? Hmmmmmmmm that'sa toughie.
    Try '83. The original Y-Wing came out with the ROTJ line in '83. That's it looks so good. I'm not sure we need a bigger Y-Wing, I'm happy with the size. But if Hasbro would put the electronics back in and update them that would rock.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane