Been away for a while

anything of importance that i have missed.

Oh by the way, while i was away i was able to pick up a silver anni Boba Fett with the 4 cards. does anyone think the cards will be worth anything?
    Star Wars, there is nothing better; well Lord of the Rings is pretty dang close.

R U still reading this? why?

See my Figures!

My new website

Re: Been away for a while

How long have you been away? A looooong time?
    What was the last thing you knew about the figures, let's start from there.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Wink Re: Been away for a while

[QUOTE=clonehead]anything of importance that i have missed. [QUOTE]

Let's see....

The prequels are still lame;

Lucas still refuses to acknowledge and respect the original versions of the classic trilogy;

You still can't find any new figures in the stores.

Nope. You haven't missed much.
    "This is bad. [I]Episode I[/I] bad!"
    - Andrew the Geek, [I]Buffy the Vampire Slayer[/I]

"Saying the Yankees have a rivalry with the Red Sox is like saying the hammer has a rivalry with the nail."

well I haven't been away fro that long. But i have been able to get a few of the new clone wars figures. I got most all of the NS figures and a few of the variations.
    Star Wars, there is nothing better; well Lord of the Rings is pretty dang close.

See my Figures!

My new website

I guess I'll start from summer 2003.

There were three waves of Clone Wars figures, with ten figures in all. Wave 1 had Anakin, Yoda, and ARC Trooper, which were available on single cards or in bonus packs with a clone trooper (blue for Ani, yellow for Yoda, white for ARC). Wave 2 had Asajj Ventress, Durge, Obi-Wan, and Mace. Wave 3 had Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto, and the hard-to-find super articulated clone trooper. There were also some deluxe figures and six vehicles, which you probably know about.

For Saga, they're now on cards with a gold stripe down the left saying which movie they're in. There's probably a list of them in the Saga section by Dar'Argol (I think). More deluxe figures, now called Ultra, are still $10 but on larger cards. There are C-3PO with Escape Pod, Wampa, General Rieekan, Jabba the Hutt, Jabba's Palace Court Denizens, repack kamino Obi-Wan, repack Kamino Jango, and Ewok with Hang Glider (which is coming soon). Most of these coincide with themed waves of basic figures, which are:
    Wave 1 - Hoth
    Wave 2 - Tatooine
    Wave 3 - Jabba's Palace
    Wave 4 - Battle of Yavin
    Wave 5 - Star Destroyer
    Wave 6 - Endor

On the exclusive side of things, Target has eight animation-style Clone Wars figures for $7 each. They also have repack figures with plastic cups that look like the Burger King glasses from the 70s and 80s for $10 each, and there are five sets (currently only two are out). Toys R Us has some more four-packs, but they kind of suck as they are now mostly rehashes. They have Red Leader's X-wing with Red Leader but no droid, and supposedly will have Darth Vader's TIE Fighter sometime soon as well. They are carrying at least two new Jedi council sets, one being Qui-Gon, Yoda, and Ki-Adi, and the other being Obi-Wan (TPM), Plo Koon, and Eeth Koth.

Also, the DVDs of the Original Trilogy are coming out in fall, so there will be a whole bunch of stuff. The Original Trilogy Collection has 22 figures (announced so far), and the cards are a cross between vintage and modern. The Hasbro website has pics. There are 7 new figures from Dagobah and Bespin and all the others are repacks of old figures, for new collectors and kids who want to get into the game with the DVD release (similar to the Lord of the Rings trilogy line). There will be repacked X-wings and TIE fighters, plus a retooled Millennium Falcon. There is another line of 12 super articulated figures with modern-style sculpting on vintage cards, but those are $10 apiece. They are very nice.

There are some Unleashed and 12" figures too, but I don't collect/follow those so I don't know about them.

Hope this helps.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

yes, that does help, thanks

See my Figures!

My new website