Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro

Hasbro

If you really think about it, Hasbro really could have saved the collecting world of Star Wars by resculpting all of these figures comming out. How many times must we see repacks of that Han Solo and such. Same w/ the repack of that Jedi luke, if it is a repack, which I dont know yet. They should finally do him right too. Im excited about the ones which are resculpeted, but their releasing the original triligoy on dvd, and they should have released new and improved, super articulated, super accesorized figures. I would buy them all instead of a few here and there. Sorry for biatchin...but Ive got a right! Thanks for readin, all!

Re: Hasbro

Umm, have you been following the news? They are releasing new and improved, super articulated versions of the main characters. The repacks are there for the 'kids' and there is a seperate 'vintage' line for us collectors. That will feature newly sculpted figures with increased articulation. Of course these "Ultimate Figures" also feature a $10.00 each price tag. Which makes me glad that the OTC Basic line will mostly be recards/reissues of figures I already own.

Original Trilogy Collection: "Vintage" Figures
    Wave 1: Luke, Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Princess Leia - July
    Wave 2: Darth Vader, C-3P0, Yoda, Lando Calrissian - August
    Wave 3: Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, R2-D2, Boba Fett - September

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23257

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-23-2004 at 04:28 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Almost everything in the OTC line will be resculpted or a new figure. The ones you seem to be thinking about are the saga hall of fame figures. These are to allow kids, who could care less about collecting and just want main characters to play with, to be able to buy core figures and thus subsidize the production of fringe characters like Tanus Spijek that very few people short of collectors will buy. Hope that clears it up.

The Hall of Fame wave isn't coming out again, later in the year. That's a Saga wave and has pretty much come and gone. This is OTC we're talking about. While several of the figures from the Hall of Fame wave are being recarded in the OTC basic line some of them arn't. And a couple of the figures in the OTC recards are being resculpted for collectors. So as to not alienate them completely from "Basic OTC".

Tanus is Saga, not OTC. I'm talking just about the upcoming OTC figure line. It was designed to kids who would want a Han, Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, Vader, C-3PO, R2-D2, Stormtrooper, and Boba when the DVD's come out. Which is why they are recarding those "primary" figures. And the "Vintage" line is mostly for us collectors. Who already have those figures that are being recarded. But wouldn't mind 'Super Articulated Ultimate Versions' of each one of those primary figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-23-2004 at 04:41 PM.

Too many new lines...Im getting confused....

i have just given up, i am only collecting the ones i don't have, and POTF and NS and CW, i give up on POTJ and EP 1.
    Star Wars, there is nothing better; well Lord of the Rings is pretty dang close.

R U still reading this? why?

See my Figures!

My new website

Quote Originally Posted by SWL123
    Too many new lines...Im getting confused....
    There will only be the one line. Saga is ending soon. And is being replaced with the "Original Trilogy Colecton." Which will have a Basic and a Vintage subline. The Basic mostly recards for the new collectors that come on board with the DVD release. The Vintage mostly for the collectors that want the Ultimate Versions of the core characters.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    There will only be the one line. Saga is ending soon. And is being replaced with the "Original Trilogy Colecton." Which will have a Basic and a Vintage subline.
    I think the Original Trilogy Collection won't last that long to be honest. Because what about Prequel figures? Surely after the DVD's released has died down a bit, a unified line with both classic trilogy and prequel trilogy figures will be the main one?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Trymybestus
    I think the Original Trilogy Collection won't last that long to be honest. Because what about Prequel figures? Surely after the DVD's released has died down a bit, a unified line with both classic trilogy and prequel trilogy figures will be the main one?
    I don't think it was intended to last a long time. Just for the DVD release.
    Why are people still confused? It's not that hard.

Saga (large bubble on blue card with gold stripe) - Lasts until Summer/Fall. Has six themed waves for 2004 - Hoth, Tatooine, Jabba's Palace, Battle of Yavin, Star Destroyer, Endor, with some Ultra figures as well. And 12 rereleases in a Hall of Fame subline.

OTC (large bubble on mostly black, character-specific card) - Starts in Summer. Has mostly rerelease figures, with seven new ones from Bespin and Dagobah.

OTC vintage (small bubble on vintage card) - Starts in July. Three waves of four figures each, each wave from a different original trilogy film, and one each month until September. They are super articulated and $10 each.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I don't think it was intended to last a long time. Just for the DVD release.
    Why are people still confused? It's not that hard.
    I was referring to what will happen after the OTC line because it's obvious this line is a tie-in with the DVD release. Either there will be another unified line or there won't be anymore Prequel figures until Episode III.