Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: What Are the names of Han Solo's Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    True, but in my opinion, Shadows of the Empire was the only novel that truly captured the feeling of a Star Wars movie.
    The few others I've read just didn't feel like Star Wars to me. Know what I mean?
    Yeah, not every book felt like a true SW movie, but I still think others fit this. Han Solo trilogy by A.C Cripson, Courtship of Princess Leia, I, Jedi, and even the Thrawn Trilogy to me...
    “Denial is in the eyes of the person you’re arguing with.” - Me

"I try not to set standards. I don't like to show people I'm superior." - Me

I agree with KH, anything by Zahn is a must read. In fact, I would recommend reading in this order:

Shadows of the Empire
    Heir to the Empire
    Dark Force Rising
    The Last Command
    Rogue Planet
    Specter of the Past
    Vision of the Future
    Vector Prime (thru the entire NJO Serires ending with The Unifying Force)

But that's just my recommendation. There are other great novels out there, but the big story arc over the last few years has really been the NJO serires, which I feel really starts with Specter of the Past.
    May the force be with you.

Sith Killer, I always fel NJO Started with Rogue Planet...

Other Great books to read are the X-wing series
    Shatterpoint (hints of NJO are in it)
    Han Trilogies
    and Survivor's Quest

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Did ya get it from the library or buy it?
    I got the paper back at B&N I could not find a hard cover do they even make one?
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

I dont know if SOTE has a hard cover since I never read it. I doknow the Zahn trilogy and Hand of Thrawn series is hard cover because I read those. Dont worry too much abut the cover, it is the story that counts IMO.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

While I agree it IS the story that counts, I can relate to wanting hardcover. They are just nicer to have in a book collection, imo. And yes, SotE had a hardcover version.

I am frugal(sp?) so I would perfer the paperback. Plus my step son likes tolook at them, soif he happens torip it, it wont cost too much toget a newer one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I am frugal(sp?) so I would perfer the paperback. Plus my step son likes tolook at them, soif he happens torip it, it wont cost too much toget a newer one.
    oh yes, I can definately relate to that Trust me, I have tons of paperbacks Nothing wrong with them. I just prefer the look of the hardback if I have the choice. But I agree, definately pluses to paperback as well. Aside from the cheaper cost for replacing, it's the only printed form of getting the SW eBooks...

Quote Originally Posted by Card Dreamer
    While I agree it IS the story that counts, I can relate to wanting hardcover. They are just nicer to have in a book collection, imo. And yes, SotE had a hardcover version.
    When I have a hardcover book I'm going to read multiple times, such as Shadows and the novelizations, I'll a paperback, so I can take it with me. Hardcovers are nice, but can be tough to carry around.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Well I dont have any kids and just love the look of hard cover books on my book shelf the doo look a lot better IMO
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?