Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: What Are the names of Han Solo's Kids

Well now that we've got the kids' names sorted, this topic has moved toward appreciation of the EU books. Always a good topic. I like to buy the hardcover of books I'm planning on keeping. I did by Shadows of the Empire in harback when it came out, and I bought the novelizations of both prequel movies in the hardcover editions as well. Those are the only Star Wars hardcovers I have. I have around 10 paperbacks of EU novels, of which I've read approximately 1/2. I did like the Thrawn Trilogy, but didn't like Kevin Anderson's Trilogy that came out shortly after. Courtship of Leia was alright, as was Splinter in the Mind's Eye. I didn't particularly care for the NJO book I read - the one where Chewie bites it at the end (the only reason I bought the book was to see how he kicked off). I had a hard time creating a good Yuuzhan Vong visual for myself (as I did with the Sssii Ruuk reading the courtship of Leia). My preference is for them to use established Lucasian alien groups, as my own creations don't mesh well with the established stuff. Not sure why.

I would recommend to anyone that they read the novellizations of the movies. Those are my favorite books by far.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Great I'm about to start reading books and someone spoils it for me
    What do you mean Chewi dies ?
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    (as I did with the Sssii Ruuk reading the courtship of Leia).
    Actually, that was truce at Bakura

I have just about ALL the SW books, minus the Galaxy of Fear serious, half of the YJK books, the misc ep1 journals, and the third hardback of the Dark Forces books. Everything else I have and have bought a hardback of if possible (I have 29 SW hardbacks so far).

and and yes, to whom the poster before me was (forgot the name when I hit Quote for this post). Chewie dies, but this is OLD news and I would think is no longer a spoiler. It was on news channels and was a really big to do. Trust me, he goes out with a bang!
    “Denial is in the eyes of the person you’re arguing with.” - Me

"I try not to set standards. I don't like to show people I'm superior." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Card Dreamer
    Trust me, he goes out with a bang!
    still hurts
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Quote Originally Posted by mina solo
    still hurts
    Only upon initial impact
    “Denial is in the eyes of the person you’re arguing with.” - Me

"I try not to set standards. I don't like to show people I'm superior." - Me

yeah it bites that one of the beloved characters dies, but it has tohappen sooner or later. This isnt Highlander.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

EU doesn't count. Chewie's alive and Boba Fett went out like a punk.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I would recommend to anyone that they read the novellizations of the movies. Those are my favorite books by far.
    Besides Shadows, those are the only ones I like.

Tales From Jabba's Palace was actually kinda cool too.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138
    EU doesn't count. Chewie's alive and Boba Fett went out like a punk.
    Exactly!!!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Not the EU arguement again.

So what constitutes EU...in your opinion?

The Radio Drama?
    Novels?
    The Holiday Special?
    The Ewoks Movie?
    The Droids Cartoons?
    The Ewoks Cartoons?
    Comics?
    The Clone Wars Cartoons?

What about the novels of the movies themselves?
    May the force be with you.