Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: What Are the names of Han Solo's Kids

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    Not the EU arguement again.

So what constitutes EU...in your opinion?

What about the novels of the movies themselves?
    The EU argument will probably never end.

What is EU and what isn't will vary from person to person.
    I think if it's not in the movies, it's EU, no matter what it is.
    I feel some is much better (Clone Wars) than others (any post-ROTJ era novels).

Different strokes...
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Well with Clone Wars characters beingin the movies(EP3) I believe it willbe canon and not EU. Lucas ok'd these stories and all and even his film company produced them. In that sense he oversaw the production of these shorts.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Actually, Lucas has to approve all storylines. He might not go over every detail (and really, with all he's got going, who would have time?) but he has to approve the overall story on each one. Lucas and/or Lucasfilm all gave these books/comics/games aprroval. Wether one likes them or not, well, that's their right and I don't dispute that (heck, everything I think of Children of the Jedi, I reconsider my standing )but the FACTS are, they are ALL Canon (unless offcially stated others) and there's nothing one can do about it. Take it or leave it certainly, but don't spread your denial of it when there's no justification for it. Again, it's not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of FACT.

Just keep in mind I don't say this to be mean or start problems. I just really don't see what the argument is or WHY there's one. Lcas okayed it. Get over it. No one says everyoone has to accept it (I know quite the few who would rather not) and that's totally cool. Like I said, there are expamples of work that serious make me want to rethink my acceptance of them
    “Denial is in the eyes of the person you’re arguing with.” - Me

"I try not to set standards. I don't like to show people I'm superior." - Me

Let me better express my argument. I like some EU stuff. I agree with Rocketboy that SOTE is the best SW tie-in as far as expanded universe is concerned. I enjoyed all the tales books (Cantina, Jabba's Palace, Bounty Hunters). They provided interesting stories. And for me that's all they were. IMO, if it didn't happen in a movie, it's not Star Wars. Boba Fett was never Dengar's best man. Just some dude who got whacked by a blind guy.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Okay, I understand your side a little better. And like I said, if you just found them to be interresting, but no big deal, then okay, that's fine. But your opinion of them being canon and the FACT of them being canon are too different things. If you're gonna state something like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138
    Boba Fett was never Dengar's best man. Just some dude who got whacked by a blind guy.
    Then you need to say something to the effect of "As far as I'm concerened." or, as I'm glad to see that you did, say IMO.

It's when that isn't said there's a prob.

Anyways, that's my 5 cents (sorry, no refunds)

Uhhhh...I'm pretty sure I didn't ask. Did I miss the part where we weren't entitled to our own opinions anymore without coming under scrutiny?! Whether or not their "real" doesn't matter to me. I don't like most of them.

General Madine liked Froot Loops. There, I just added something to the EU. It's stupid though, right? But it's "true" and "canon" if somebody writes it into the expanded universe.

And if you noticed that I did say "IMO", why did you waste a post? That's a rhetorical question by the way. Keep the nickel.
    Last edited by CaptainSolo1138; 03-28-2004 at 11:04 PM.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Whoa let's leave it at great entretaining reading. If you don't believe that it happen so be it, I just think ( although i have not read any except SOTE) that they complement our imagination, and give us an other portal to get involve in the universe we all love
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

here here, Mina

I guess my arguement with the Clone Wars is more canon than thew rest. It has been mentioned in the OT on a few occasion. All of the rest is characters and there journeys after the movies have ended. We seen it start in AOTC and it ends with the beginning of EPIII. Iaccpet it more as canon than Idoany other books. It also makes for some great TV watching.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I guess my arguement with the Clone Wars is more canon than thew rest. It has been mentioned in the OT on a few occasion. All of the rest is characters and there journeys after the movies have ended. We seen it start in AOTC and it ends with the beginning of EPIII. Iaccpet it more as canon than Idoany other books. It also makes for some great TV watching.
    I love Clone Wars, don't get me wrong. It's a great show. But I think that Lucas pretty much had no choice but to start the Clone Wars in AOTC and end them in Episode 3. It's pretty tough, hell, it's impossible to show this entire and supossedly epic war that we've only briefly heard about (back in the OT) in only 2 movies.
    This seems like a story that could only be told in the EU. (That, and it seems pretty convienent way to make even more money. )
    So in this case, I think the EU actually helps the movies by giving us more of the backstory, the history.
    One of my biggest problems with most of the EU is the stuff takes place after Jedi. To me, the post-Jedi stuff doesn't feel like Star Wars and doesn't really add anything to the Star Wars mythos. It's like watching the Batman & Robin of Star Wars and the New Jedi Order stuff is George Clooney.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!