View Poll Results: What Do You Think of the OT DVD Package?

Voters
388. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really like it, fantastic

217 55.93%
  • It's ok, but not great

138 35.57%
  • Don't like it much at all

26 6.70%
  • I don't care / no opinion

7 1.80%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What Do You Think of the OT DVD Package?

I'm curious to know if the individual discs will match the TPM and AOTC packaging, or are we going to have to buy another trilogy set in a couple of years.

I actually thought that some of the other examples that made their way to the ewb looked far more appealing. I especially liked the packging with the Green and Red highlights.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

Quote Originally Posted by joe-da
    Don't care. They could put it in a white cardboard box as long as they show ALL the deleted scenes (wampa stuff, sandstorm, Luke's training, etc.)... And they could put it in a ziploc bag IF they showed the original forms of the movie, too! I'm not saying DON'T release the Special Edition, just give us BOTH!!! The outer wrapping matters not...
    Yep...I agree...although there should be more than just one DVD of deleted / behind the scenes footage though. I mean common...there are at least 3 making of documentaries on the saga. The one that came out shortly after SW, then there's the SPFX: The making of the Empire Strikes Back, and From Star Wars to Jedi: the making of a saga. I saw all three growing up...so they do exist and all three were about 2 hours in length...so if they could include these documentaries along with all other documentaries / interviews that has been released on the VHS / Laserdiscs...plus all deleted scenes previously mentioned that would be good. I too really don't care what packaging they come in...since they won't be in the package very often anyway.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

The packaging looks great. It's just too bad that the box will be nicer than the films inside. I won't buy any version of the trilogy on DVD unless Lucas decides to release the originals. I might have even bought both versions if he actually respected his fans and gave us the opportuntity to choose which version we'd prefer to watch. But since Lucas sees fit to make that decision for all of us, he won't be getting my money. Don't get me wrong, I know that won't make much of a difference to him. And maybe that's his whole problem.
    "This is bad. [I]Episode I[/I] bad!"
    - Andrew the Geek, [I]Buffy the Vampire Slayer[/I]

"Saying the Yankees have a rivalry with the Red Sox is like saying the hammer has a rivalry with the nail."

Excellent!!!! It is exactly as how I imagined it.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    I'm curious to know if the individual discs will match the TPM and AOTC packaging, or are we going to have to buy another trilogy set in a couple of years.
    Again, yes they will. That's just the slipcase. Each movie will have an individual keepcase. And the design will match up with the prequel DVD's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The design looks good... though I wish they could have snuck Chewie in there somewhere. I really like the angle of the vader's head... but, it doesn't matter much to me what it looks like. I am sure there will be a prequel dvd trilogy set within a year of EIII's release, and wouldn't be suprised to see a boxed set of all six w/some of the things people have been asking for (documentaries, making-offs etc) included in this "Ultimate" edition of the movies (and of course I am sure each movie will be tweaked one more tuime for that final release.

I actually don't mind him changing them (again) because it gives me a reason to own another copy (even if the first time on DVD). I would like to get my hands on the original movie release of ANH in any form.
    Skeeziks22

Quote Originally Posted by angellus
    The packaging looks great. It's just too bad that the box will be nicer than the films inside. I won't buy any version of the trilogy on DVD unless Lucas decides to release the originals. I might have even bought both versions if he actually respected his fans and gave us the opportuntity to choose which version we'd prefer to watch. But since Lucas sees fit to make that decision for all of us, he won't be getting my money. Don't get me wrong, I know that won't make much of a difference to him. And maybe that's his whole problem.
    I like it and will be buying it but... Many people do not like the Special Editions. The SE's are how Lucas wanted the movies to look like, but couldnt afford to make them look like that at the time- Personally I like them both but honestly, I like the SE better. Im just curious but how come so many people hate the SE's?????

I can't speak for everyone, but a main reason, of course, is: Greedo shoots at Han, not Han shooting at Greedo. Not only is it a bad choice, it just looks awkward. Why is it a poor choice? Well, for one, Greedo missing at that close range makes this "Jabba" and everyone associated with him look weak and ineffective. This is the first time you hear anything about Jabba and his organization (the SE being made before the prequels), and the scene now shows that Han is in no danger, and the whole SW galaxy seems a less dangerous place, if this bounty hunter of the most powerful gangster in the galaxy misses at point blank range in the very hive of scum and villany..

That leaves a bad taste in many long-time fans' collective mouths.

Personally, I don't hate the SE (maybe with the exception of this scene - and hey, I love Jar-Jar and his ilk! Really!) but both versions should be released.

There's a sense of "ha ha, you can never see your beloved original Star Wars again", by the statements that the original version will never ever be released in any legal shape, form or fashion, and that's unneccessary, creates disgust and animosity, is borderline insane and innane .... and it's late, I'll stop here.

Bring me BOTH versions! Both! Please!!!!
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

In my opinion, the reason why many dislike the SEs is the music switch in ROTJ. I don't mind anything else changed, but I always liked the original yub-nub song and the Max Rebo song. Also, since I don't own the SEs on video, I recorded A New Hope off of a TV airing, and I noticed some scenes and bits of scenes missing, like "let the wookie win", and some of the trash compactor scenes. I only saw the SEs once in theaters, and can't remember if SE ANH was like that, or if the movie was edited for time on TV.
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."