View Poll Results: What Do You Think of the OT DVD Package?

Voters
388. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really like it, fantastic

217 55.93%
  • It's ok, but not great

138 35.57%
  • Don't like it much at all

26 6.70%
  • I don't care / no opinion

7 1.80%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What Do You Think of the OT DVD Package?

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24
    Im just curious but how come so many people hate the SE's?????
    I can't even say that I "hate" the special editions. What I hate is that Lucas is making the choice for us. And I hate the attitude he has toward the versions of the films that are responsible for getting him where he is today. He's forgotten where he came from, and he's very disrespectful of his fans and the special effects crew whose groundbreaking work will never again see the light of day.
    "This is bad. [I]Episode I[/I] bad!"
    - Andrew the Geek, [I]Buffy the Vampire Slayer[/I]

"Saying the Yankees have a rivalry with the Red Sox is like saying the hammer has a rivalry with the nail."

Ok, I should watch my words. How come so many people "dislike" the SE's??

OK, so we're getting "deleted scenes" with the "Special Edition".

Does this mean that the scenes that were deleted or changed from the OTR will be included as "deleted scenes"? ie. Han shooting first, the original arrival scene for Mos Eisley, Bespin, etc? I mean, technically these are now deleted scenes.

As for the packaging, it's nice. But I tend to agree, I would buy these in plain white mailer boxes if GL released them that way. Heck, if it would mean getting them to us a month faster, I would be all for the plain white box.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by vadersvette
    I noticed some scenes and bits of scenes missing, like "let the wookie win", and some of the trash compactor scenes. I only saw the SEs once in theaters, and can't remember if SE ANH was like that, or if the movie was edited for time on TV.

Edited for television does some sucky things and cutting certain lines that you love is one of them. I don't think anything was cut, that wasn't either replaced or upgraded in the SE.

Also, the theatre reslease of ANH and TPM (and maybe others) are not the ame as the original (non-SE) editions that have been released so far.

So, if we are asking for the non-SE editions to be put onto DVD's I would also want to see the original theatre releases of ALL the movies on DVD as well.
    Skeeziks22

Quote Originally Posted by skeeziks22
    Also, the theatre reslease of ANH and TPM (and maybe others) are not the ame as the original (non-SE) editions that have been released so far. .
    What was different with TPM?

It looks a lot nicer than I thought it would. I can't wait for that to be a part of my DVD collection .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24
    What was different with TPM?
    I believe (and I may be wrong) that there was some additional footage added to the DVD that was not in the Video version (the video and theatre versions are the same I think). For some reason (I watched the video recently, but not the DVD) I think that a scene was added to the DVD with them swimming to shore from the gungan sub (I know it was in the deleted scenes, but I think a shorter cut of it is in the DVD movie).

Again, I may be wrong...
    Skeeziks22

I dont remeber that but Ill have to rewatch and look closely.

Does anyone no how much these things will retail for??

Probably around the same as the Indiana Jones set. So around $50.00.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.