View Poll Results: What Do You Think of the OT DVD Package?

Voters
388. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really like it, fantastic

217 55.93%
  • It's ok, but not great

138 35.57%
  • Don't like it much at all

26 6.70%
  • I don't care / no opinion

7 1.80%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What Do You Think of the OT DVD Package?

I'm quite pleased.

I'll be displaying the slipcase separately while the keepcases are with the prequels in their place on my shelves.

I have a question: Will there be a gold stripe across the top of the keepcase covers like TPM and AOTC have ? See, I loved how they put "Every journey has a beginning" on the top of TPM but I thought they screwed it up by putting "widescreen" on the top of AOTC.

They should have continued the statement on AOTC or else used a teaser lne from that specific campaign and NOT this Widescreen nonsense. That information should have been relayed with a sticker on the cellophane wrapper.

Anyway, can anybody answer my question ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Thomasandrea-call, they will match the prequel DVD's. That's just the slipcase. Each movie will have a keepcase in the slipcase. And the designs for the single keepcases, will match up with the Prequel DVD's. Including having the roman numerals on the sides.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    They should have the stripe.

Ok, we have a SRP for the DVD set now. According to Amazon.Com, the SRP is $69.98 for the 4 disc set. And if you pre-order it now, you can get it for $41.99. Expect similar prices on the first week of release at retail.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    And if you pre-order it now, you can get it for $41.99. Expect similar prices on the first week of release at retail.

and free shipping...
    Skeeziks22

If it's priced anything like the IJ set then WM should have it for around $35. Costco should also have lower price.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Reposting from other thread. We have some early specs from DVD File. Sounds good, other then the lack of Ford or Hammil on the Audio Commentary track. I wonder if they even asked Mark, since you would think he would jump at the chance. Since he's always been a major fan of the series. Odd that they get Carrie Fisher. Since she's always seemed to not like talking about the movies.
    Alright, alright, no more April Fool's jokes. (Really, this is serious.) Just announced from Fox Home Entertainment and Lucasfilm are the complete specs for the upcoming Star Wars Trilogy box sets, hitting a galaxy near you on September 21st. (Perhaps you have heard of them?)

Available in separate anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, each includes Dolby Digital Surround EX tracks, plus additional English, French and Spanish Dolby 2.0 surround options and English, French and Spanish subtitles.

The set will also contain audio commentaries for each film: George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher (A New Hope); Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Burtt, Muren, and Fisher (The Empire Strikes Back); and Lucas, Kasdan, Burtt, Muren, and Fisher again (on Return of the Jedi). Other extras include the bonus fourth disc with "The Most Comprehensive Feature-Length Documentary Ever Produced On the Star Wars Saga" plus "Never Before Seen Footage From the Making Of All Three Films." Expect more possible extras to be announced soon, and retail for either box will list for $69.95.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24
    What was different with TPM?
    I just watched my EPI DVD, and noticed that one of the deleted scenes from disc 2 (the extended Coruscant landing platform) was placed into the movie. (Jar-Jar says that the queen is hot!)
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."

You hadn't noticed that before?

That comment wasn't meant to be harsh or critical. It was a pretty obvious addition that I took for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150
    You hadn't noticed that before?
    I think it was in response to a question about something I wrote. I couldn't remember exactly what was different in TPM so someone asked and this was just the answer. Something I'm sure had been noticed, but just now confirmed again since we were talking about "original" releases vs. "special editions."
    Skeeziks22