View Poll Results: What Do You Think of the OT DVD Package?

Voters
388. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really like it, fantastic

217 55.93%
  • It's ok, but not great

138 35.57%
  • Don't like it much at all

26 6.70%
  • I don't care / no opinion

7 1.80%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What Do You Think of the OT DVD Package?

This September, the Original Trilogy will finally be officially released on DVD; the classic Star Wars trilogy films have been some of the most-requested DVDs since the format first hit the market in the late '90s. Earlier this week, the official Star Wars site released public images of the four-disc set's outer package (each disc will also have its own packaging within the set that will fit with the look of the already-released Prequel films' boxes), but what are Star Wars fans' opinion of this main package's look?

Click here to view the DVD package

Vote now and let everybody know what you think!

Re: What Do You Think of the OT DVD Package?

I like it. I just need to get a closed one to match the closed set I have on the VHS. And of course one to view.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I like this design alot; pretty nifty how it incoroporates the old style of posters and stuff with its design.

Also funny how they're doing the OT design when in fact it's not the OT, but the SE. (that's for you, Binksy. Just messin'; don't start anything, buddy! )
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Looks great to me. Can't wait to finally not have to change massive platters to watch the movies on Laserdisc. And it's still the OT, JMG. Even if it's not the same versions that came out in 77, 80, and 83. Hell, if you want to be picky....ANH hasn't been the same since it was originally in the theater. So has never been on Home Video outside it's altered form. Doesn't mean it's not still the original trilogy.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well it looks great and the only problem that I have is that the pre-quel movies will not match other then that I think it looks real great and can't wait to get the dvds

Quote Originally Posted by thomasandrea-call
    Well it looks great and the only problem that I have is that the pre-quel movies will not match other then that I think it looks real great and can't wait to get the dvds
    Thomasandrea-call, they will match the prequel DVD's. That's just the slipcase. Each movie will have a keepcase in the slipcase. And the designs for the single keepcases, will match up with the Prequel DVD's. Including having the roman numerals on the sides.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I like it, but I wish the side was opened up so you could see the spines of the dvd cases (like the 1995 vhs release, and the SE release)
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."

I'll be the first to stick my neck out and say "Aaargh, she blows." I'd rather have the SE-style poster artwork on the outside since we're getting the SE and not the OT. Why beat around the bush G.Lu? You've forsaken the old stuff so why do that type of packaging?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Don't care. They could put it in a white cardboard box as long as they show ALL the deleted scenes (wampa stuff, sandstorm, Luke's training, etc.)... And they could put it in a ziploc bag IF they showed the original forms of the movie, too! I'm not saying DON'T release the Special Edition, just give us BOTH!!! The outer wrapping matters not...
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

I voted it's OK- I liked the Empire Collection packaging that we seen a few weeks ago better, but this will do I guess.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!