Blazing Saddles 30th Anniversary Edition DVD!! (And More)

I posted that it was coming in the 'Movies that Deserve Better on DVD' thread. And some specs have just come out about the SE that's due June 29th. It sounds pretty good. Hopefully a few more of Mel Brook's movies will get decent SE's in future. Like "Robin Hood: Men in Tights", "History of the World pt. 1", and "Spaceballs". Oh, and streeting the same day is "Dracula: Dead and Loving It". Plenty of extras on Blazing Saddles. No news on extras yet for Dracula.
    Warner have kindly sent over details on Blazing Saddles: 30th Anniversary which stars the likes of David Huddleston, Alex Karras, Cleavon Little, Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks. This special edition release will be available to own from the 29th June this year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $19.97. The film will be presented in 2.40:1 along with a new English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. A Spanish Mono track will also be included. Extras will include a scene specific commentary Mel Brooks, a cast and crew reunion documentary, a Intimate Portrait: Madelaine Kahn Remembers feature, Black Bart, the 1975 TV Pilot inspired by the movie and some additional scenes. The artwork is attached below:
    Warner have also announced the region one release of the Mel Brooks directed Dracula: Dead and Loving It which stars Amy Yasbeck, Anne Bancroft, Clive Revill, Harvey Korman, Leslie Nielsen and Lysette Anthony. The disc will be available to own from the 29th June and should retail at around $19.97. I'm afraid we have no word on extra material, but we can tell you that the film will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen along with an English Dolby Stereo Surround track. The artwork is below:
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blazing Saddles DVD Case.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	7966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dracula Dead And Loving It DVD Case.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	7967  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Blazing Saddles 30th Anniversary Edition DVD!! (And More)

Somebody go get me a #*$#@load of dimes...I'll start saving for that SE right now.

"Yeah...but I shoot with this hand."
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

i hear that they will be re-releasing monty pythons "life of Brian", i can't wait!
    Star Wars, there is nothing better; well Lord of the Rings is pretty dang close.

R U still reading this? why?

See my Figures!

My new website

Another Life of Brian? Criterion already did a release that was outstanding, what else can they possibly add?

As for Blazing Saddles...I'll be adding this one to the collection. Anyone else up for some refried beans?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I think he means, it's being re-released at the theaters. I read about that earlier today, over on another board I'm on.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I was thrown a bit as it was made reference to in a DVD thread. I'll be looking forward to TLoB in the theater.

"Blessed are the Cheesemakers?!!? What's so bloody special about the Cheesemakers?"
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.