Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any hope for a larger, more accurate AT-AT?

Now that Hasbro has been resculpting or retooling many of their older vehicles, I've been thinking about how cool it would be for Hasbro to resculpt the AT-AT to be bigger and more accurate to the actual movie vehicle.

I'm not talking about a ten-foot, correctly-scaled monster. The height could be somewhere between 36-42 inches (considering the AT-AT is mostly legs, the height shouldn't add too much to the price) and the head could be big enough to fit two AT-AT Drivers and one AT-AT Commander (assuming Hasbro resculpts those guys). The vehicle should be a lot more proportional than the current toy, however. The AT-AT should look like a gigantic, lumbering, metal behemoth; not a cute, plastic puppy-dog.

And, in the spirit of the numerous features that most of the new EP2 vehicles have had, the AT-AT should be stuffed full of electronics and cool little extras. However, not so stuffed that the "cargo area" can't hold at least 5-6 figures.

So, am I alone in wanting a new version of what is arguably the coolest vehicle in the Star Wars universe?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Re: Any hope for a larger, more accurate AT-AT?

It would be great, but considering the high price of the previous one, a bigger one would be at least $125-$150. I'd rather have a bunch of new, previously unmade ships in the $20-$50 range such as the Sith Infiltrator, Gungan Sub, Lars Family Speeder, etc.

The price would be a major concern for me. I only bought the POTF2 one because it was 30 bucks on a clearance. Waiting for that one to hit clearance would be awhile and since most of my stuff is bought at Wal-Mart and they dont carry ships, vehicles and playsets, I would never find it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

If hasbro wants to make one big *** ship or vehicle i would like to se the one that came out in E2 (What is the name ) that would be even better than an AT-AT. Also is it me or the vehicles in the prequels seems to be more advence that the OT. GL should realize that the technology should be les advance considering that he is telling the story backwards
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

I think Lucas's theory on the difference in tech and appearance in the PT vs the OT is that in the time period of the PT, more time and care was put into the making of things. They were done by artisans and craftsmen, and that things in the OT were slapped together in a more hasty mass manufactured manner.

It would be like comparing buildings made during say the Renaissance, or in the U.S.,prior to WWII, with plenty of detail and precision work, and comparing them to the cheap materials and minimal architecture look of bulildings made now. Ditto the vehicles. In Lucas's case he's most likely thinking of the ships of the PT as cars made in the 1940s-50s with their ornaments and fins and lacquered paint jobs to the crappy generic looking cars we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    Now that Hasbro has been resculpting or retooling many of their older vehicles, I've been thinking about how cool it would be for Hasbro to resculpt the AT-AT to be bigger and more accurate to the actual movie vehicle.

I'm not talking about a ten-foot, correctly-scaled monster. The height could be somewhere between 36-42 inches (considering the AT-AT is mostly legs, the height shouldn't add too much to the price) and the head could be big enough to fit two AT-AT Drivers and one AT-AT Commander (assuming Hasbro resculpts those guys). The vehicle should be a lot more proportional than the current toy, however. The AT-AT should look like a gigantic, lumbering, metal behemoth; not a cute, plastic puppy-dog.

And, in the spirit of the numerous features that most of the new EP2 vehicles have had, the AT-AT should be stuffed full of electronics and cool little extras. However, not so stuffed that the "cargo area" can't hold at least 5-6 figures.

So, am I alone in wanting a new version of what is arguably the coolest vehicle in the Star Wars universe?
    The AT-AT's cargo bayy can hold 10 troops in the movies.

I think we should get one of these. I was 3 when the forst one came out, and I couldnt get it.

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    I think Lucas's theory on the difference in tech and appearance in the PT vs the OT is that in the time period of the PT, more time and care was put into the making of things. They were done by artisans and craftsmen, and that things in the OT were slapped together in a more hasty mass manufactured manner.

It would be like comparing buildings made during say the Renaissance, or in the U.S.,prior to WWII, with plenty of detail and precision work, and comparing them to the cheap materials and minimal architecture look of bulildings made now. Ditto the vehicles. In Lucas's case he's most likely thinking of the ships of the PT as cars made in the 1940s-50s with their ornaments and fins and lacquered paint jobs to the crappy generic looking cars we have now.
    That is a good answer I can deal with that
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

I like them the size they are now- I have three of them (for The Battle of Hoth scene),if they were any bigger, I'd have no room!!!!
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

It would be really cool if it came with a couple of Speeder Bikes and was poseable enough to make it "kneel" to let out troops, like in the EU sources.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't think the price should be a really big issue, since the Millenium Falcon that came out in 1995 cost $50 and the Gunship (with loads more features, albeit without any electronics) that came out in 2002 was only $40. I think this AT-AT could be made well for about $80-90. And if the price becomes a major concern then they could make it without electronics.

I do like the idea about having Speeder Bikes inside, Chux.

BTW, Ep2's AT-AT predecessor was the AT-TE and I think Hasbro should make one of those guys too.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis