creating a good website...

i have been looking into making a good website, in which I can post all of my figures on it. Any good suggestions?
    Star Wars, there is nothing better; well Lord of the Rings is pretty dang close.

R U still reading this? why?

See my Figures!

My new website

Re: creating a good website...

Well...

First, I'd look at other Web sites that do what you want to do, find ones you like and look to see how they put there's together. You might want to learn basic HTML (if you're not already familiar) and you can again check a site's source code to see how a page has been built. If you're in school, take a class. You'll want to have some kind of photo editing or graphics software, Adobe Photoshop (even the LE version is good enough in most cases) and to optimize images for the Web, Adobe ImageReady (comes with full versions of Photoshop) is good. You'll need some place to host your "site" and in many cases your Internet provider (AOL, etc.) will give you some free space for a page. Also, if you're a student, you may want to download a good free file transfer program (FTP) for uploading files to your Web space. I suggest WS_FTP LE from ipswitch.com.

Other than that, just play around with it and have fun learning.

There are also some really good programs out there for building webpages easily. My wife and I use Dreamweaver.
    May the force be with you.

I created my own website last year. I went from not knowing a single thing to having my own domain and everything. I've done the whole thing with Notepad too.

There are plenty of free tutorial websites out there that will give you all the information you need to make your own site. A big help to me was Webmonkey.

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/

I've seen people use programs such as Dreamweaver and they really simplify the whole process. If you're willing to spend the money it will save a lot of learning and frustration.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.