Unhappy "Sex and the City" Comes to an End....

I'm devastated. I've been watching it pretty much episode for episode since the beginning (thanks to Jodi, without whom I likely would have ignored it as "chick fare" or something), and it has provided me with as much laughter as any show I have ever paid attention to. The final episode (which finally aired in Canada tonight, nearly a month after the final curtain fell down south) was wonderful, showing the girls all getting the happy ending they sought for the series' duration.

TV is a poorer place for me tonight, I can't imagine anything will ever take this shows place. Truly a one of a kind program. I will miss it horribly.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Re: "Sex and the City" Comes to an End....

Not me, I HATED this show.
    It bugged me because I tried to avoid it - yet it always seemed to be on before my favorite shows, the goodHBO shows , so I could never totally miss it.
    Okay, I GET IT ALREADY, a hot woman (Kristin Davis) and her 3 ugly friends are all sexually liberated.

I caught a few episodes here and there. Some were actually pretty funny. So how did it all end?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    So how did it all end?
    Kristin Davis stayed with that bald dude and they adopted a baby.
    Sarah Jessica Parker got together with Big.
    Kim Catrall cut her hair short thus making her look ugly while managing to squeeze out one more nude scene.
    Cynthia Nixon . . . I can't remember what she did but I know she remained a *****.

That's the short of it - Reason can give you a more detailed and in depth show review.
    Last edited by 2-1B; 03-30-2004 at 02:05 AM.

Enough of a review for me.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Kim Cattrall's nude scene was actually very touching - and I don't mean in a physical way (though they were most certainly touching, no doubt there).

The reason her hair was short is because she had been diagnosed with breast cancer about 6 episodes before the end of the series, and had been undergoing chemo. Ironically, she was falling in love with Smith at the time, and was unable to have sex with him for a while due to the illness resulting from the chemo. She told Smith she wanted him to fool around, because she of all people knew how important it was to "keep busy". He declined, and said he'd wait for her. Then he flew home from a movie shoot in Canada just to tell her he loved her. I took them fooling around to mean that she was on her way to recovery, which made me bawly again because I was terrified she was going to die. Very emotional, as was the whole final episode. My eyes were welled up with tears pretty much the whole first time I watched it, so I had to turn around and watch it again the next night.

Just so I'm clear, I was not aware of the cancer storyline so I hope my post doesn't come across as disrespectful.

Don't worry, Caes, we still love you - cold and uncaring as you are.