Which Figures Are Still Out There?

I think I am going to be posting this is multiple threads, as I think it is a valid question for all the various figure lines, so please Mr. Moderator, don't take this as spamming.

When I go online, and look at EBay or online stores for figures, one question consistently occurs to me: is there ANY chance I am going to find these figures on the pegs one day, and get really ticked-off that I paid secondary market prices for them? I once placed an order at Yestertoys for like six figures and then found ALL of them within a two-week period on pegs between Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU, and while I hadn't paid that much more for them, I was still irked.

Is there anyplace on SSG that lists what waves are currently shipping? Might it not be a cool idea to have something in the collector's database that tells us when figures are NOT shipping anymore, such that we know when to buy from the secondary market?

Thanks to any and all for your help. By the way, the figure that I am thinking about currently in regards to the Clone Wars line is the Red ARC Trooper. I don't think he is shipping anymore, but I want to make sure before I pay the outrageous prices I am seeing on EBay and such.

Re: Which Figures Are Still Out There?

Pretty much none of the Clone Wars basic figures are out now. The clone trooper is valuable and rare, moreso than any of the others (the red ARC trooper was kind of scarce, but not as much). You should be able to find most of the animated figures at Target, and Yoda and the clone trooper are harder to find than all the others.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

You can look at the case assortment to bring you up to date. Mostly you will find from the Jabba's palace wave to present. Some Hoth wave will be there as well. CW figures are not being shipped but some stores might, MIGHT have them in there stock room.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm still finding both wave 1 & 2 of the animated CW figures at various western NC Target stores. Movie-style CW figures are still out there in very limited quantities, both waves 1 & 2. Wave 3 I have not seen since February.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

So, to summarize, if I want a red ARC trooper, it is time to hit EBay?

Well, in my neck of the woods (Poughkeepsie NY), whats on the pegs is mostly leftover Saga figures and a few not-needed newer figures (the Hall of Fame line mostly). I've only come across a few Clone Wars figures at a K-Mart in New Milford Connecticut a few weeks back, but other than that, I have yet to see any of the Jabba's Palace wave or the Endor wave or anythign relatively new here. Last time I was out hunting for figures, which was a few weeks ago, the TRU in Poughkeepsie had near-empty shelves, with almost all their Star Wars figures gone with the exception of a few Hoth Han figures and some POC Boba Fett's. I plan on going out tomorrow to search for some new stuff but I'm not sure of the outcome, I'm planning on not finding much of anything, thats usually the case around here.

I just hit my Wal-Mart again yesterday and after weeks of nothing was surprised to find all the pegs overfilled. There were even two figures lying on the shelf beneath. They had the entire Yavin wave in multiples and all of the Jabba's wave in multiples except for the three figures I need (Luke, J'Quille, Tanis Speejak) which leads me to conclude that the same employees who loaded the pegs stashed these aside for themselves, since the pegs were so full that it was clear nobody picked through them. It really sucked the excitement out of my sails to see those loaded pegs and then not find the 3 things I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgackm
    So, to summarize, if I want a red ARC trooper, it is time to hit EBay?
    I got one through a trade with a fellow board member. So dont give in toEbay just yet. Hit the classified section and see what you can do.

Jay86...the reason you havent seen the Endor wave is because its not out yet. It will be out next month. The Star Destroyer wave just came out last week.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I got one through a trade with a fellow board member. So dont give in toEbay just yet. Hit the classified section and see what you can do.

Jay86...the reason you havent seen the Endor wave is because its not out yet. It will be out next month. The Star Destroyer wave just came out last week.
    Ack, I meant the Yavin wave, not the Endor one, but either way, it'll be a good year before any of those figures show up here probably.....