Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Song Ever

Re: Worst Song Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Well I'll agree on the "anything" by Dave Matthews Band, Limp Dogdick, and let me throw Toby Keith in there as well. . . Chux you are SO right about most of those 9-11 songs. What's that other one, "Have You Forgotten" by Darryl Worley or somebody with a name similar to that.
    And lest we forget, Toby Keith, in the words of Natalie Maines, embodied everything that is wrong with country music with "The Angry American" (or as I call it, "that friggin' stupid 'boot-in-your-booty' song"). Remember back in the good old days when music decried war, not glorified it? I'm not going for a political statement when I say this, but I find it incredibly odd that the same folks who record songs about how anyone opposed to war is un-American and satanic and whatever are the ones who tell folks like Sheryl Crow to "shut up and sing" when they're merely wearing a guitar strap that says "Give peace a chance."

But I digress. For that reason and many others, I must wholeheartedly agree with Toby Keith is definite poopiepants. I have both the recent live all-star Willie Nelson CDs, with collaborations from Norah Jones to Steven Tyler, John Mellencamp to Ray Charles, ZZ Top to Wyclef Jean, and the two tracks with Keith are the only ones I'd ever skip over.

And as one Aerosmith fanatic to another, the live rendition of "One Time Too Many" beats the snot out of the studio version, even if only Steven's present.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

For me it's anything by John Mayer. I saw him on SNL and he kept sticking out his tongue while he sang. It was so friggin annoying I can never listen to another song of his without thinking of that Brady Bunch episode where Alice sees that big ole' beef tongue in Sam the Butcher's shop.

I also can't stand that Clocks song by Coldplay. The piano intro is so repetitive it sounds like something the CIA would use to drive an interogatee insane to get him to talk.

Berlin is also the most inane band ever. Richard Blade on KROQ would always play them cause he had a fling with the lead singer and I couldn't get "Metro" out of my head one day while taking a test at school.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    And lest we forget, Toby Keith, in the words of Natalie Maines, embodied everything that is wrong with country music with "The Angry American" (or as I call it, "that friggin' stupid 'boot-in-your-booty' song").
    How could I ever forget that POS song? It was at the top of MY list when I made my post. "Well Saddam put his name at the top of this list and the statue of Liberty started shaking her first."

I just laugh whenever I hear it because of the current debates about the necessity of hitting Iraq with more or less gusto than Al Qaeda but then this Jingo comes along and puts Sadaam in his place.

"Brought to you courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" . . . . after the song has faded into the past, I'm sure it will be used as an advertising song for Pabst.

Anything from the Darkness, Vines, White Stripes, Hives, Vendetta Red, etc....just aweful.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Ooooohhhhh, this could be fun...
    First, I second (witty, eh??) all of those weird "pro war" "folk" songs, stupid emotional hijacking (great irony, too, the guys on fire)

I nominate "Hey Lawdy Momma" by steppenwolf...

"Doin it right" by the powder blues (maybe the Lanniest song ever)

"I I could fly"(not too sure on the title).... I love that song for how insanely stupid the sentiment of it is

"Swinging shepherd" and "Frim Fram sauce"... pretty much any of that trite vocal "jazz" (especially and song with the words "crazy", "silly", "nutty, "coo coo", "little" or "hip" used as pointless filler adjectives... MAN I hates that stuff)
    makes me wanna get up and push the "performer" off the stage, even if I have to break the laws of reality to go through the speakers and into the past to do it

"killing me softly" always had a problem with that one, too

there's more, but I'll relinquish the floor for now
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH

Another barracks related hating-of-music. It was the summer of 95 and I spent it forced to listen to it over and over, all through the night. I still have flashbacks.

Two years later it was that damn song that puff daddy made for notorious b.i.g. PURE CRAP

I also totally hear you guys about What's love got to do with it and killing me softly.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

It has to be that "If I had a Million Dollars" that they play every hour at Wal Mart. THe most absolute dorkiest song ever. Eminem definately improved upon it.

Inspite of the fact that I loathe country music there was a song in particular that drove me up the wall. So bad that I won a local contest from a radio station called "I HATE THIS SONG" contest.

That would be:

DOWN ON THE FARM by Tim McGraw
    Last edited by scruffziller; 03-30-2004 at 03:41 PM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    It has to be that "If I had a Million Dollars" that they play every hour at Wal Mart. THe most absolute dorkiest song ever.
    You watch yourself, Scruff, i won't have any BNL bashing in my forum!!! Got that, bucko!! Yeah, dude, i love BNL. It IS a dorky song cos it's SUPPOSED to be a dorky song. I mean, c'mon, did you really expect the line, "if i had a million dollars, i'd eat kraft dinner" to be serious?!?!? c'mon!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. They were obviously trying to raise my spirits - all they managed to do was raise my ire. That song makes me want to destroy things.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    You watch yourself, Scruff, i won't have any BNL bashing in my forum!!! Got that, bucko!! Yeah, dude, i love BNL. It IS a dorky song cos it's SUPPOSED to be a dorky song. I mean, c'mon, did you really expect the line, "if i had a million dollars, i'd eat kraft dinner" to be serious?!?!? c'mon!!
    WHOAH DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought they were suppose to be serious??????
    The WM radio network is incoherant alot times so you would not hear all of the lyrics.
    I will have to listen to it with that in mind now.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!