Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Song Ever

Re: Worst Song Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Alright, this forum is for discussion about music, not the PT and whatnot. Nuff of that, friend.

The PT has music.

Whatnot probably does too.

I think Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It?" isn't a terrible song. It's got a catchy melody and tells sorta a bio of her life.

"Imagine" by John Lennon is one of the greatest songs ever written, inmy opinion. Simplistic it may be, but it's message is clear. The world is often a dangerous, unfair, cruel place to live in, and if we eschewed all labels, possessions, and barriers than imagine how peaceful life would be. Call it Communisitic (sounds like a Rush Limbaugh retort) but I call it beautiful.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the absolutely the worst song ever recoreded by man and that would be "Mr. Roboto" by Styx. The song is so campy, so nonsenscial, so bad, I believe that was a major reason why they kicked the lead singer, Dennis DeYoung, out of the band. Worse yet is the video.

An honorable mention goes to Richard Harris' "MacArthur Park" (an oldie) with quite possibly the worst lyric ever written,

"Someone left the cake out in the rain
    I don't think that I can take it
    'Cause it took so long to bake it
    And I'll never have that recipe again"

The song has a classical feel to it, and the lyric is totally unexpected to that type of music.

Also, a lot of these flavor of the months, (Hilary Duff, et al) are flash-in-the-pan, cutesy, bubblegum pop, crap producing, garbage singers. I don't like them.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Nirvana is good schtuff man. Sorry to hear you dont like it fellas. Even though he plays the same three chords, the man was a real talent.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Guyote, when the zombies come, I hope BNL and DMB are among the first to go.

Bosskman, the Nelly / Kelly Rowland song in question is "Dilemma" and I agree with you about it's wretchedness.

there was a song release in the uk in the early 1980's called 'the birdy song' by the tweets. it is worse than anything else mentioned in this thread so far. if any of you ever get the chance to hear it, you will weep its that bad!

Any rock, heavy metal, in fact most things awash with guitars - esp The Beatles.

Just give me soul, Rnb and rap.

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

Quote Originally Posted by jeddah
    Just give me soul, Rnb and rap. jeddah
    jeddah, you are welcome to them, my man .

Quote Originally Posted by jeddah
    Any rock, heavy metal, in fact most things awash with guitars - esp The Beatles.
    give me heavy metal awash with guitars any day of the week. you are right about the beatles though !

I hate the Beatles in general, some of their songs are OK but they're weren't "geniuses" imo.

I don't mind Mr Roboto, only because it reminds me of a MOTU character by the same name.

As for BNL, I prefer thar newer stuff like "One Week" and that Chimpanzee song (Another postard with chimpanzees, and every one is molesting me) I do like lovers in a dangerous time and some of their more serious songs, but that million dollars one is so overplayed even now I can't stand it. Actually they're one of the only Canadian Bands except for the hip that aren't clones of some amreican band, or broad musical trend.

I hate anything to do with that american idle rubbish. Last year on my annual canoe trip on the great international St Croix river which flows between my home province of New Brunswick and the state of Maine, the beat up radio that we had played that blasted kelly clarkson song 46 TIMES IN 3 DAYS!!! (it was 102.9 from Calais ME). Now that is vomitous.

I also hate anything that could fall into the category of "rap ballod".
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Nirvana is good schtuff man. Sorry to hear you dont like it fellas. Even though he plays the same three chords, the man was a real talent.
    I thought they were cool back in the day until the local rock station plays them every hour to death and the songs have lost their power.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    I thought they were cool back in the day until the local rock station plays them every hour to death and the songs have lost their power.

I hardly listen to the radio or watch MTV, so it never really bothered me.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten