Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Song Ever

Re: Worst Song Ever

nirvana were good but i always prefered soundgarden, pearl jam and alice in chains really.

i think the 'verse chorus verse' utilised by kurt was wearing a bit thin and i think he knew it. had kurt not killed himself i am not entirely sure there would ever have been another nirvana album anyway.

Oh yeah, Pearl Jam. Right down there with Nirvana, Prefab "alternative." Flash in the pan. At least the likes of Britney are great to look at and need I mention that she is still out there. Where are Pearl Jam and Nirvana now?

Currently im hating on the that stinking "Where is the Love" song by the Black Eyed Peas. That group is wack and so is their "Hey Mama" song. Stupid. I dont like too much rock, punk, or whatever its called. Im more into R and B and the occasional rap song. Im starting to hate D12s new song, cant turn on the radio without hearing it.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Oh yeah, Pearl Jam. Right down there with Nirvana, Prefab "alternative." Flash in the pan. At least the likes of Britney are great to look at and need I mention that she is still out there. Where are Pearl Jam and Nirvana now?
    Uh, i'd hate to burst your bubble, Kidster, but Pearl Jam are still making albums and sell out nearly tour they line up. I've seen them several times in the last few years and they still put one of the best shows ever. Granted, their stuff doesn't sell nearly as much as it used to or as much as Britney, but it's not prepacked crap. Pearl Jam has always been awesome and shall remain that way.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

scruffziller, if I had a million dollars, I would buy you a fur coat. But not a real fur coat. That's cruel.

I'd forgotten "All That She Wants." I remember when that came out, it was so bad my friends and I made a pact to never speak the name of the group without inserting a bloodcurdling scream. And also thinking, "One day they'll learn English and kill the guy who translated that from Swedish."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Uh, i'd hate to burst your bubble, Kidster, but Pearl Jam are still making albums and sell out nearly tour they line up.

Yeah, so does Whitesnake.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    scruffziller, if I had a million dollars, I would buy you a fur coat. But not a real fur coat. That's cruel.
    LOL AWESOME, Chuxter!! Simply awesome!!!! Might I say that if i had a million dollars, I'd buy you a monkey (haven't you always wanted a monkey?)
    Hee!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I feel the need to defend Nirvana because they are still my favorite band. First of all, Rolling Stone named Nirvana's Nevermind the best album of the 90s. Second of all, over 100 writers and press voted and named "Smells Like Teen Spirit" the best song of the 90s (as conducted by VH1...there was an article in the newspaper about a year ago). Third of all, NEVERMIND has sold over 10 million copies...weird for a band that, according to you, sucked. Look at the numbers. In a time when Michael Jackson could not be toppled at the No. 1 spot on billboard, in came Nirvana and revolutionized how music was played, written, and sung. In Utero has sold millions of copies too. Fourth of all, Cobain took an IQ test and scored at "genius" level so you can't argue with the IQ test. Einstein also had a high IQ, you want to tell me he was stupid? You want to tell me he was not a genius? If so, I don't even want to read what you have to say. (If you want to look up Cobain and his IQ test go to a library or book store...you need to research facts more).
    There. I feel better.
    Last edited by TheDarthVader; 03-31-2004 at 11:18 PM.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Pearl Jam is one of the best bands to come out of the nineties. There are one of the few bands that are still intact. Eddie Vedder can mumble his way toa top ten song(Yellow Ledbetter). They perform a damn good show inconcert. A very talented bunch that has settled down some as time progressed on, but they can still drive it home when they need to.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I too feel the need to stand up for Nirvana. I won't restate what TheDarthVader has already said but I'll add that both Vh1 and MTV have named "Smells Like Teen Spirit" the most important music video of the '90's and one of the most important of all time.
    I also don't think Nirvana will wined up on the dune heap of music. It been ten year since Cobain offed him self and people are still taking about Nirvana and what they did. Do the Beatles or Elvis have the selling power they once did? No. And lot of people saw them a flash in the pan too. The longer people talk the less likely it is to be forgotten.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane