Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Guns N' Roses pull out of Portugal Show

What a shock this one is. I can admit Guns N' Roses is my favorite band, but damn AXL sucks. I so annoyed with him at this point. Chinese Democracy is never going to come out. I have given up all hope. They pulled out of their show in Portugal because Buckethead is nolonger int he band. I really wish Axl would swollow his pride and get back together with the rest of the guys, start performing, and stop being a baby.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Re: Guns N' Roses pull out of Portugal Show

Bill Bailey, you'll never change.

Well, so much for the Portugese Democracy Tour.

this band isn't even guns n roses anymore. its axl with a bunch of hired hands. best guns n roses tribute band ever! i can't say i blame buckethead for quitting. as a musician, perhaps he actually wanted to play some music somewhere along the line.

i saw the classic line up at the castle donington monsters of rock festival in 1992 (ish) and they were a damn good band touring a damn good album but now, who really cares about them? axl has blown it big time.

and don't hold your breath for a reunion - in an interview with slash in last month's classic rock magazine, he said neither he nor any other members of velvet revolver would never ever work with axl again. too much bad stuff happened apparently.

AXL pulled out of a show, surprise surprise
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Its ashame that Chinese Democracy is never going to come out. It would sell, it really would. The greatest hits that came out last week debuted at #3 on the billboard charts and soundscan has it selling 169,203 copies. That is just a greatest hits without any songs on it. Only if it did, imagine then.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

that greatest hits package is a joke. only three songs from appetite? who is buying it. surely most g'n'r fans have all the tracks that are on it already.

and kidhuman, did i detect the merest hint of sarcasm in your post?

me be sarcastic.....never.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    me be sarcastic.....never.
    hmmmm .

There was one possibility that could make me someday consider picking up the Greatest Hits package: if "Since I Can't Have You" is the radio version without the retarded "Yep, we're ****ed" ad-lib in the middle.

Pretty poorly chosen track listing. They could've thrown on some classic obscurities ("You Ain't the First"), tracks with naughty words that still get radio play ("Mr Brownstone"), b-sides, outtakes, maybe the original raw demo of "Don't Cry." But this, eccch. I see why Axl and the real band members put their differences aside long enough to try to block the release.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What is really funny about all of this are the comments Axl made regarding the cancellation:

During his tenure with the band, Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment despite being under contract creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever.
    According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead, it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming GUNS release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!
    Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment.
    In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, GUNS will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months

Well, I found it to be funny.
    Back and more bearded than ever before