View Poll Results: Are you planning to preorder the OT DVDs?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely, as soon as I can

52 24.30%
  • Maybe, but waiting for other offers

43 20.09%
  • Nah, I'll just pick it up in stores

100 46.73%
  • No, I don't want to buy this set ever

19 8.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Are you going to preorder the OT DVDs?

When it hits retail, buy it I will.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

"Nah, I'll just pick it up in stores"

Yeah, I don't think this is going to be a hard one to find. They'll probably have a mountain of them at every store. No big rush.

I dont know... It all depends on the price. Heck, if I can get it for $40 insted of $70 of course im going to pre-order it. For now im just going to wait to hear what the other prices are.

I don't plan on spending a dime of my money in this DVD set. Why you ask? Well it comes out the 21st of September, 4 days before my birthday (25th). Therefore, I won't be spending a dime on this set, My PARENTS will.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

There's really no reason to preorder it unless you're in a situation like bobafrett and have an expiring online coupon and can get it cheaper. Amazon is truly hilarious saying that the SRP is $70. I never once saw the Indy set that high and it's equivalent to the SE set. I guess they have to get people to shell out $$$ to keep that business going any way they can.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I am going to wait because usually the day of release, Best Buy and Wal-Mart offer very competitive discounts lower than online merchants. I also wouldn't doubt if Best Buy offers an exclusive promotional bonus DVD similar to the 5th disc on the Indiana Jones box set to attract more customers. I ended up having to cancel my pre-order when I found out about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    There's really no reason to preorder it unless you're in a situation like bobafrett and have an expiring online coupon and can get it cheaper. Amazon is truly hilarious saying that the SRP is $70. I never once saw the Indy set that high and it's equivalent to the SE set. I guess they have to get people to shell out $$$ to keep that business going any way they can.
    I don't see where that's hilarious. That's the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. And if you'll check the Indiana Jones boxset, it has the same MSRP. Of course unless you shop at someplace like Suncoat, you never pay that much. That's why you either pre-order or buy the first week of release. It's typically cheaper that way.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm going to wait to see what freebies/exclusives are offered along with the set.

I THINK I am going to wait until I see it in stores. It depends on the speculation of price points for places such as Wal Mart and Best Buy.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I figure with an SRP of $70, it'll be in stores for $39.99, so I'll wait. Unless someone decides to do a cool bonus for pre-ordering, like all the stores did for the TPM video, which is doubtful.
    Tommy, close your eyes.