View Poll Results: Are you planning to preorder the OT DVDs?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely, as soon as I can

52 24.30%
  • Maybe, but waiting for other offers

43 20.09%
  • Nah, I'll just pick it up in stores

100 46.73%
  • No, I don't want to buy this set ever

19 8.88%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Are you going to preorder the OT DVDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    There's really no reason to preorder it unless you're in a situation like bobafrett and have an expiring online coupon and can get it cheaper.
    I live away from the city, and the nearest store is Walmart (20 miles) and honestly walmart is beneath me to shop at, so that's why I preorder.

However, my supplier in Seattle sometimes get's stock in 2-4 weeks in advance so I will cancel the preorder if she were to get the boxset in early.

I think that pe-order is fine but as one person had said, it is the shipping that kills you. What good are savings when you do not get the pre-order on the same day as you can buy it at the stores. As another had stated it is not like we have not seen it before. Unless George put in deleted scenes other then what is on the fourth disk.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-rock
    I live away from the city, and the nearest store is Walmart (20 miles) and honestly walmart is beneath me to shop at, so that's why I preorder.
    Ok ok. I no that Wal Mart can have some weird people there but heck why not? I can see that it would be fun to get the DVD's early, but if you could get them cheaper at Wal Mart isnt it worth making your way through the people, and woth the wait, to get it for less? I dont no about your store, but mine isnt that bad to where I wouldnt "lower" myself to go in... Ive found some good things there

The one thing I was very displeased about the day Ep 2 came out on DVD was that the widescreen version was either sold out or never even ordered just about every store I went. I'm not sure if I'll preorder or not, but that's the one thing that has me leaning towards preordering (plus, it comes out after my birthday so the best I could hope for is getting it for xmas ).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24
    Ok ok. I no that Wal Mart can have some weird people there but heck why not? I can see that it would be fun to get the DVD's early, but if you could get them cheaper at Wal Mart isnt it worth making your way through the people, and woth the wait, to get it for less? I dont no about your store, but mine isnt that bad to where I wouldnt "lower" myself to go in... Ive found some good things there

LOL! Well it's not the people mastermatt, it's the environment, the WM atmosphere. I'm sure they have some great stuff, but it's just not for me. Another topic for a different thread though.

Also, getting them at WM or anywhere else other than online doesn't necessarily mean it will be cheaper. Typically online DVD prices are compareable, and 99 percent of the time it's in your hands on or before release date. Even if it was cheaper though that's when you have to ask yourself, "is the money I would save worth my time?" For me, saving an hour or two out of my day is worth a hell-of-alot more than five or ten bucks.

Everyone is different though, and I'm not here to try and convince everyone that preordering DVD's online is the way to go, it's just my personal preference.

~L

I'll be waiting at 11pm for a midnight store opening and when the doors are opened, I'm going to run inside, grab a VHS copy, and scream "I'm first! I'm first!"

Preordering online can be a wonderful thing. For example, AOTC on DVD from Wal-Mart.com - they were doing a promo in which the buyer received a 6 pack of exclusive Widevision cards. Honestly, I would be really upset right now if I missed those cards because I'm a completist.

As for online shipping, places like amazon will do free shipping if you order $25 or more. No big deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I'll be waiting at 11pm for a midnight store opening and when the doors are opened, I'm going to run inside, grab a VHS copy, and scream "I'm first! I'm first!"

Preordering online can be a wonderful thing. For example, AOTC on DVD from Wal-Mart.com - they were doing a promo in which the buyer received a 6 pack of exclusive Widevision cards. Honestly, I would be really upset right now if I missed those cards because I'm a completist.

As for online shipping, places like amazon will do free shipping if you order $25 or more. No big deal for me.

Does Walmart still only sell Fullscreen or have they relented and also sell Wide?

I have bought some widescreen editions at Wal-mart this year actually.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Reposting from other thread. We have some early specs from DVD File. Sounds good, other then the lack of Ford or Hammil on the Audio Commentary track. I wonder if they even asked Mark, since you would think he would jump at the chance. Since he's always been a major fan of the series. Odd that they get Carrie Fisher. Since she's always seemed to not like talking about the movies.
    Alright, alright, no more April Fool's jokes. (Really, this is serious.) Just announced from Fox Home Entertainment and Lucasfilm are the complete specs for the upcoming Star Wars Trilogy box sets, hitting a galaxy near you on September 21st. (Perhaps you have heard of them?)

Available in separate anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, each includes Dolby Digital Surround EX tracks, plus additional English, French and Spanish Dolby 2.0 surround options and English, French and Spanish subtitles.

The set will also contain audio commentaries for each film: George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher (A New Hope); Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Burtt, Muren, and Fisher (The Empire Strikes Back); and Lucas, Kasdan, Burtt, Muren, and Fisher again (on Return of the Jedi). Other extras include the bonus fourth disc with "The Most Comprehensive Feature-Length Documentary Ever Produced On the Star Wars Saga" plus "Never Before Seen Footage From the Making Of All Three Films." Expect more possible extras to be announced soon, and retail for either box will list for $69.95.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

stillakid, Wal-Mart.com had both FS and WS available in late 2002 but I remember seeing that most of their in-store copies seemed to be FS.

As for other titles, I agree with kidhuman because I recently checked out some new releases just out of curiosity and they had both versions available.

I've read reports that WM have phased out WS but it's not true in my area.