View Poll Results: Are you planning to preorder the OT DVDs?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely, as soon as I can

52 24.30%
  • Maybe, but waiting for other offers

43 20.09%
  • Nah, I'll just pick it up in stores

100 46.73%
  • No, I don't want to buy this set ever

19 8.88%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Are you going to preorder the OT DVDs?

For new movies, WM usually will carry both. But will stock less of the WS versions. For older ones, it seems they only get in the one version. I know the one by me only has the FS version of new SE 'Planet of the Apes'. I'm sure in this case, they will have plenty of both versions.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm going to wait to get it in the stores. There are ususally great deals at some of the outlets here and I don't expect anything different for SW. In fact, with the huge interest in this set I'm sure there will be some outstanding deals to be had that first day/week.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

At WM you got to kneel down and grab the WS version off the bottom row of the pallet stackbase.
    There is like 6 rows of DVDs total on the display and the 5 top rows are FOOL screen where the bottom row is only where the WS is. I'll wait of course. I work nights at WM and they drop the pallets at midnight. I take break 10 minutes later and whamo!!!!!! 10% discount.

The reason there seems to be only FOOL screen is because all the WS is gone, because I bought them all HEE HEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by scruffziller; 04-02-2004 at 01:40 PM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

$42 US with free shipping is a tempting deal, but I'm going to hold off and buy it at retail on the release date. That way I can watch what I want asap. If I wind up paying a few dollars more to get it right away, I can live with that. We've been waiting long enough.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I plan on pre-ordering my copy through wal-mart or target. Whichever has the cheapest price. Wal-mart usually is the lowest price when it comes to dvd's.

I'm going to pre-order mine through my local Blockbuster Video. Not the cheapest place, but I'm good friends with most of the staff including managers, so I'll be able to grab it at midnight. I've done it before, they just stay open a bit longer just for me to grab movies that come out the next day (its legal...I buy them the day of release...12:01am ).

Its not a contest to me, but I like having it as soon as I can. That and I don't want to wake up early and head to the local stores just to see a huge line or empty shelves (whichever one it ends up being). Plus I don't like waking up early.