View Poll Results: Are you planning to preorder the OT DVDs?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely, as soon as I can

52 24.30%
  • Maybe, but waiting for other offers

43 20.09%
  • Nah, I'll just pick it up in stores

100 46.73%
  • No, I don't want to buy this set ever

19 8.88%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Are you going to preorder the OT DVDs?

With the Star Wars Classic Trilogy DVD set coming this Fall, several e-tailers have begun offering preorders for the set, many with discounts off the suggested retail price of $70 and/or other incentives (for example, Amazon.com is currently offering the set at $42 plus free shipping). Despite being the controversial "Special Edition" version of the trilogy, it doesn't take the Force powers of a Jedi to foresee that this DVD set will be in high demand by the time it hits retail in late September.

So with that in mind, will you be preordering the DVDs, waiting to see if there will be a better offer - perhaps with different incentives - or holding out entirely for whatever reason?

Re: Are you going to preorder the OT DVDs?

Yep! Pre-ordered five minutes ago from DVD Empire.

I'm going to pre-order. But probably from a local retailer. I think prices will be pretty competitive upon release. Probably similar to the online Pre-Order prices. I'll have to check Media Play on Friday.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'll wait for retail. What's the rush? It's not like I don't know every frame already. Besides, is it some kind of ****ing-contest to see who is the bigger fan? "I got mine firr..erst, nah nah!"

I'll buy mine in the store instead of waiting for the delivery (which can be days and sometimes weeks after it goes on sale)- unless they can deliver it at 12:01 A.M. to my door step the day you can buy it- which will never happen.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

I'm not sure. I have a coupon for $10 off at Amazon.com, but it expires tomorrow. If the DVD doesn't come out until September, I don't know if I would be able to use it. Also, I don't have enough of a spending limit on any credit card to pre-order (I know they won't charge until the day it ships), and I'm moving in a little over a month, and I'm not locked into a permanent address yet.

I guess I'll wait to see what else comes down the line.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I never pre-order movies. They can almost always be found at multiple places, and at extremely competitive prices upon release. The only flick that I can remember not being able to find on release was Scarface (and even then, plenty more were around within a few days).

I'll be buying in in the store, along with all my other DVD's!

This won't be hard to find. I'll probably pre-order near the time.

Who's going to watch the movies with commentary first?

Did it this afternoon when I saw the news at the digital bits.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I'm not the pre-order type. I'll pick it up at a store after it comes out.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane