Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Anyone watch the premier of Deadwood?

It was on right after Sopranos. Fairly gritty western show set in the western US in 1876. Wild Bill Hickock and another former lawman move to Deadwood city, a formerly lawless town. Looks like they'll be butting heads with the local Kingping - the local barkeep/*****master.

Worth a watch, if only for the very interesting and innovative use of curse words.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Re: Anyone watch the premier of Deadwood?

Indeed, quite filthy.

Ian McShane plays the barkeep (if I'm not mistaken) and it's a pretty intriguing show. I've had a hard time really "getting into it" because it's on right after The Sopranos so I'm not really in the mood for it. But I plan to keep watching it.

I like Brad Dourif as the Doc.

Timothy Olyphant - my mind is not made up on him yet. I can't help but think of Scream 2.

That's odd, I see his name and I can't help but think of the big, hairy AT-AT ripoffs in Return of the King........

Yes I'm being facetious about them being AT-AT ripoffs, you big geeks...

Don't worry buddy - I doubt a thread on Deadwood will attract that crossover group.

Awesome episode last night !

I felt really bad for that one guy, the one who went out to reconnoiter the rim and had that "accident." I feel even worse for his wife.

Al yelling at those guys for farting in his office was hilarious as was Hickock's way of demeaning that guy he was playing poker with (can't utter a peep of it here).

That was the third episode, right? Yeah, I'm hooked now . . .

I'm still watching part 2, it's amazing so far (had to turn off the tape the very instant I heard one my daughter coming out of her room - the language is just incredibly filthy. I love it! ). I'm definitely into this for the duration of the season.

Reason, don't read this post until after you've watched episode 4 . . .

***SPOILER***

Okay, just as I got hooked on Wild Bill they had to go and kill him off. I'm very upset by that as I was looking forward to him being on the show for awhile. Yes, I know the real Bill Hickock was killed during a Poker game but then again, he was reportedly killed before Seth Bullock arrived in Deadwood and since the show creators changed that piece of history, they should have kept Wild Bill alive for much longer.

Speaking of "poker" I had a good laugh when Al was all flustered and then said "I need to **** something. Trixie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I've really been enjoying this show. I love the feeling that at any time someone might get smoked as we saw in last nights episode. I don't think I've ever seen more liberal use of the "C" word in my life but I have to admit the profanity really adds a sense of realism to the show.

Caesar- In reality Seth Bullock rode into Deadwood on Aug. 1, 1876, one day before Wild Bill Hickok was killed during a poker game. So as you said it's likely they never met, as they did on the show, but they could have.

I was pretty shocked that Wild Bill was killed but I suppose all the signs were there that he was ready to die. It was interesting how he sent his friend Bill off without him, said goodbye to Jane, and in a roundabout way said farewell to "Montana" (Bullock). Then dressed up in his best attire and got ready for one last poker game with his back to the door. I suppose he wanted to die doing what he loved best but it would've been cool if he stuck around a bit longer.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

My bad - you are correct about Bullock being there a day before Wild Bill's death.

Which "C" word are you talking about ? There are 2 that get a lot of airplay hahahahaha

Yeah you're right about there being 2 "C" words getting airplay. The one I was refering to was the one that will get you slapped by just about any women that happens to hear it.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”