Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Fan Club Package

I got some stars, or sparks or maybe some sparkly magic dust. I'm not really sure what it is. *shrugs*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I feel lucky, I got a whole female Ewok head. The characters name is "Kneesa". She looks sad, but she has a mouth, nose, both ears, and eyes, and her pink hood. A rock? A splash? What were they thinking, I'm sure that there had to be better cells to send.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I have to say you were very lucky, or maybe I was just super unlucky. Whatever way, it sucks for me.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Hmmmmm. . . I still haven't recieved mine yet!!! I hope I don't get screwed out of this package like I did on the previous one. I am actually a big fan of the vintage cartoons, so this is a pretty sweet idea. I would've MUCH rather had the Droids series, but maybe that is in the future. Hey a little piece of cel is better than a sticker in my book, even if it is a rock.

I wonder how much of the series they actually chopped up to make these fan-club pieces? I remember quite a few years back, the Fan-Club actually sold complete animation cels of the shows. I doubt they were able to "destroy" a complete run. . . that would seem like overkill. Maybe we'll see some cels in the JawaTrader (does it even exist anymore?), or starwarsshop.com, and these little pieces are just to wet our appetites? Who knows, I just hope I get something worthwhile.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I feel lucky, I got a whole female Ewok head. The characters name is "Kneesa". She looks sad, but she has a mouth, nose, both ears, and eyes, and her pink hood. A rock? A splash? What were they thinking, I'm sure that there had to be better cells to send.
    That sounds great!!! I'd love to see a scan of that if its possible. It really sounds like you've got the choice piece. Princess Kneesa was one of the main characters of the series, so you really lucked out!!!! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett07728
    That sounds great!!! I'd love to see a scan of that if its possible. It really sounds like you've got the choice piece. Princess Kneesa was one of the main characters of the series, so you really lucked out!!!! Congratulations!
    Okay, I scanned just the face, there was also some light blue pencil marks stating the name of the character.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ewokface.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	8104  

That is real awesome!!!! Thanks for scanning that for everyone. About how big is it? I only hope that when (if) I recieve mine, its half as cool as that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett07728
    That is real awesome!!!! Thanks for scanning that for everyone. About how big is it? I only hope that when (if) I recieve mine, its half as cool as that!!!
    It's about 2 1/4 inches wide and 1 3/4 inches high, the Ewok head that is, and it is centered on a 12 1/2 by 10 3/4 inch shhet of paper. which of course means a trip to the custom frame shop should I go that route.

I figured the sheet itself had to be kinda large, because they do everything in layers. I actually remember seeing a cel of Wicket for sale, but he didn't have a mouth. Apparently in that scene he was talking, so the only part they had to animate was that. With my luck. . . I'll get a 12x10 sheet with a little mouth in the center!!!!!

Man that really is awesome. I really wish I could have gotten soemthing cool because I honestly liked the Droids and Ewoks cartoons.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."