Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver Clone Trooper...where the Fu Are they?

My TRU's (2 close by) didn't even have ANY today. They said that the shipments never came and that they will only get 2 pieces, whatever that means. Why is it that some TRU's are getting truckloads early to sell at will while others get zilch? This is Bullsh....

I don't care what anyone says, exclusives suck. No matter what happens, somebody manages to drop the ball and screws it up. Get a clue Hasbro and soon.

Re: Silver Clone Trooper...where the Fu Are they?

They said that the shipments never came and that they will only get 2 pieces, whatever that means.
    Most likely they mean that they will only get 2 cases (or 60 Clones).
    May the force be with you.

They aren't at amazon/tru.com, I'll tell ya that.

I am wondering the same thing. Amazon dont have em, and stores dont have em. Why offer them if they wont get them in. Stuff like this needs to be offered strictly on line. Too many people snatch em and sell em on ebay. I bet if you do a searchon ebay, thgey are in huge numbers. And what is with e-tailers getting them before the public? and in such high quantity at that?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I almost bought one on eBay for 7.99 BIN but then I realized the joker would likely want at least 5 bucks to ship it so I said screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    Most likely they mean that they will only get 2 cases (or 60 Clones).

It happened today. The pegs were full when I walked in this morning. Why, I ask, are they selling these for $5 at the same time they are offered as a giveaway? I don't get it.

I got one this afternoon. they had it behind the desk, in good condition. I go back tonight to return the regular merchandise (with the receipt) and they give me a hassle for not having the fig. Guess what's going back in the morning without a receipt? These retail clerks need to get an idea of what good customer service is, and pick the battles they're going to fight. As a consumer, why would they hassle someone about this when their main competition already has lower prices?

Whatever. I'll go in tomorrow and return it and turn around and buy the same exact thing getting another trooper. I'll eventually get my cash back.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    I got one this afternoon. they had it behind the desk, in good condition. I go back tonight to return the regular merchandise (with the receipt) and they give me a hassle for not having the fig. Guess what's going back in the morning without a receipt? These retail clerks need to get an idea of what good customer service is, and pick the battles they're going to fight. As a consumer, why would they hassle someone about this when their main competition already has lower prices?

Whatever. I'll go in tomorrow and return it and turn around and buy the same exact thing getting another trooper. I'll eventually get my cash back.
    I don't know. I'm in total disagreement with this approach. It's not ethical, and imo it's stealing.
    Can it be done, sure. Can it be done easy, sure. Is it the right thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    It happened today. The pegs were full when I walked in this morning. Why, I ask, are they selling these for $5 at the same time they are offered as a giveaway? I don't get it.
    My guess it would be the problems they had with the $0.01 price of the silver R2. Not sure if you remember but a number of people were able to buy the figure for $0.01. The $5 price is a convenience to customers, and also a safeguard to the store so they don't loose money off of the promotion.
    Last edited by Banthaholic; 04-06-2004 at 12:42 AM.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22

I'm with Banthaholic on this one Dr. E. I've seen way to much returned merchandise over the past few months that doesn't even belong to the store it was the return took place. I've seen Ep. I items showing up just b/c some skew or DCPI numbers just happen to match. The stores may be at fault for using the same old numbers but it doesn't make what you're doing right.

It's my opinion that returning items just b/c all you wanted was a free figure continues to add to the problem we already have. Old stuff clogging up the pegs and taking up shelf space.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

It's generally not my cup of tea either, but I'd like to have 2 of the Silver Troopers. I would love it if TRU had merchandise that I wanted to buy. But my TRU has had about the same number of Brown Coats, Hoth wave Dlx, vehicles etc for a number of weeks.

I'd be happy to just be able to pay the $5 for the fig.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars