Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Angry Distribution Problems??

Has anyone else had problems finding the Jabba's Palace and Yavin waves? I have searched five cities around the Cleveland area consistantly for the last four weeks to find the same old figures hanging on the pegs (Hoth wave). I found the Jabba's palace wave once, and the Yavin wave in another part of Ohio. I have to believe that since all of Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, K Mart, and KB stores don't have these figures, this has to be a Hasbro distribution problem. Am I the only one experiencing this?
    "You look strong enough to pull the ears off a gundar"

Re: Distribution Problems??

i am....but see, i cant find any thing in the SF Oakland area!!! literally there is nothing on the shelves, but maybe one or two hoth figs. i did find the yavin wave at KB though, but not one fig from jabbas palace. so im frusterated as well!!!

You definitely arent the only one. The only part of the Jabba's Palace wave I've found is the Ultra Jabba and his Denizens sets at my local TRU a week or so ago. Other than that, the TRU I found those figures at only had one Han (Hoth), a Secret Ceremony Anakin, and a Snowtrooper.....I called them (TRU) a few days ago to ask about any recent shipments from Hasbro and they put me on the phone with the Toy Dept. guy and he sounded pretty disgusted when I asked him about Hasbro and how well they ship. I also asked him when he expected anything new in and he said "not for a while", and I also asked him when they last got anything new in and he said "about three weeks ago", which means the Ultra figures were just put out a week or so ago, around the same time I picked up my Jabba/his Denizens sets. As for Wal*Mart, they had 5 figures total, three Ack-Meds and two Kren Blista's......K-Mart usually is "ok" with keeping something relatively new in stock, although as of the past few weeks I havent checked there. As for Kaybee's......$6 a figure, might as well buy them online or something......thats pretty much it though, I was amazed when I read someone on the forums here say something about their local stores having "remnants" of the Jabba's palace wave, as if it had been around for a while, well send some of those remnants my way, by the looks of things just when the OTC figures are coming out I'll be finding the Jabba's palace wave and the Yavin wave.....

Here's a good one for you.

I'm currently getting ready to move, which means I'm in and out of stores asking for empty boxes constantly. Yesterday I was at TRU. On the pegs were about a dozen silver clones, Rieeken, Jabba and his Palace denizens and the same Zuttons and Lott Dodds that have been sitting there for ages.

Today I went to TRU and the pegs were restocked and completely full. Not only were all of the above mentioned figures there, but pristine mint carded AOTC preview figures; Clone Trooper, Zam Wessel, the R3 unit, and Jango Fett!

Lucky me!!

How fast do you think it will be before those are all bought up and restocking can again take place? It seems I'm moving at just the right time.

To top that off my Wal-Mart has just reduced its SW section to one verticle strip of four pegs. Three of which were full of Captain Antilles and General Dodonna.

I was having some issues, but am all caught up over the last few weeks. AllI need is the Star Destroyer wave and I am golden. Alot of stores might not be ordering the Saga stuff with the OTC and VOTC line coming up.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Alot of stores might not be ordering the Saga stuff with the OTC and VOTC line coming up.
    This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

I found the Yavin wave and Jabba's Palace wave at a local Walmart a little over a month ago, bought them and haven't seen any since. I never managed to run a cross a Luke Jedi and R1-G4.

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    Today I went to TRU and the pegs were restocked and completely full. Not only were all of the above mentioned figures there, but pristine mint carded AOTC preview figures; Clone Trooper, Zam Wessel, the R3 unit, and Jango Fett!
    Ohhh, you should of picked up some of them Clones. I know i would have. But my stores seem dead too, with the exception of Jabbas and his Denizens, ive seen them a few times. I went to a Shopko and seen a lone Lando, but at $7 i think i will pass on a figure i already have. All Omaha seems to have are Acks, Dignitaries, and Hoth Soldiers. Now i wouldnt mind the Hoth soldier, but nobody wants to build an army full of Hobbit sized soldiers.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

AllI need is the Star Destroyer wave and I am golden.
    What about the Han AT-ST Driver wave?
    May the force be with you.

For most of the year, all I had seen to pick up was the Hoth wave, the Luke and R2 from the Tatooine wave and the Luke and Lando from the Jabba's Palace wave, until yesterday. I now love Target!!! They finally had the Star Destroyer wave and the Yavin wave. But, I still lack or have seen any more Jabba's Palace cases which sucks because that is where I lack the most figures. I refuse to pay the ebay price for them....yet. I hope these cases are not under-ordered because of the OTC coming soon. It is always hard to find those last assortments before a big style change (last POTJ waves, last EP 1 waves anyone?).
    "For I am Palpatine, king of all I see,
    but I don't see enough
    that's the problem with me."