Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Distribution Problems??

This question fits in with the distribution problems banner...
    Any idea when the Ultra Ewok and the Madine wave will hit?
    I know these are just starting to hit the "hey, we charge $20-pop for single carded figures" online stores that...uh...import from Hong Kong. I'm wondering if these are gonna really show up at all.
    Here in Central & NE PA it doesn't pay to go on ANY toy runs. I'm guessing these 2 cases will be like the Sio Bibble wave back in 2000....hard to find and not re-carded later in the year.

I hope not. I still havent seen hid nor hair of the SD wave, let alone the Endor Wave and Ewok Glider.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Unfortunately I've decided to stop collecting SW Figures for a while. I can't afford to buy online nor is the distribution up to date within a two hour radius of where I live. I Hope to god I can find things this summer when the OTC hits but until then thanks to the awful SW Distribution, Im going to collect Anime Tapes (My Walmart cant even stock Anime DVDs, so its VHS Tapes for me) and DVDs until then.

It gets pathetic when stores near a person haven't gotten in nor heard of the Tatooine Wave, Jabba's Palace Wave, Yavin Wave, Star Destroyer Wave, and Endor Wave. It was a Festivus Mircle that my Walmart even got in the Hoth Wave back in December.
    Last edited by Silent Chazz; 04-19-2004 at 05:57 PM.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

I was going to start a new thread with current distribution problems, but since I found this one, I will make use of it. With the completion of Comic Con, everyone has now seen the new figures and lines. There appears to be some excitement of the new lines and with it, hope to find them in the wild, so to speak. However, the latest distribution problems from Hasbro and the stores are worth mentioning as possibly the worst ever. I remember getting excited about the figures from Comic Con 2011 and 2012 and getting excited about seeing them at the stores. However after the Phantom Menace Vintage line hit in January of 2011, I have not seen a single wave in any store I've visited. That's 18 months since the stores I visit have gotten-in/released new stock. I fear that because of such, I will never see anything beyond Wave 1 of the Black line in the store. Any considering the majority of the figures I am interested in are in wave 2 and later waves, this is a problem. I would like to re-boot this thread as a photo log of what the Star Wars racks look like around the country. Hopefully, somebody takes notice and things change.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

This first picture was taken at Walmart on Glendale Avenue, Zip Code 43614. There is five Phantom Menace figures and two Clone Wars figures. This locations Star Wars section has looked this same way since before Christmas 2012.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walmart.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	27703

This second picture was taken at Toys R Us on Reynolds Road, Zip Code 43614. There are 7 Phantom Menace Vintage figures and 15 racks of Clone Wars figures. This location has also looked the same way for over a year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toysrus.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	27704

I hope to get the two target stores I visit up here soon. They are completely empty.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

There have been store sales, and I've gone to see if I'd buy some, but often it's the same peg display as your pics, DM. Can't buy what's not in stock.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Here are pictures from the Walmart, Target, and Meijer on Route 20, Zip code 43551.
    The walmart had three vintage figures from the Star Wars/ROTJ line. These three have been the only remnants of other vintage waves from last year and have been peg warmers for several months. The Meijer racks have the same Phantom Menace and Clone Wars figures for over a year. \

Much to my surprise, the once empty Target racks were filled in actual new figures! The Mission Wave two packs and ROTS Legends were out. Nothing worth getting or on my want list but it was nice to see new figures.

Side Note: Were the Mission Series figures supposed to be little articulation figures? They have as much articulation as the 1977 line. Also, they appear to be slightly taller than the other figures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	target.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	27745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walmart2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	27743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meijer.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	27744  

Mission Series uses the new Saga Legends figures, the 5 points of articulation inexpensive figures. I haven't bought any yet so I am surprised to hear they seem taller, I'd like to see comparison on that.

My stores are slowly filling up with this Galaxy line - SL and MS - but have only gotten 1 or 2 shipments of The Black Series, which is the same SKU as Vintage so until either the Vintage product sells through or a Hasbro rep pulls them back, that will be a barrier to getting the new line out to shelves.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd like to see them do some OT army builders for the Saga Legends series, the 5 POA inexpensive figures. They do not seem to be taller IMO. I should grab a couple to do a comparison shot, I could be wrong. The masking on these seems to be pretty good and they look great overall IMO, especially considering the price. I'd really like to see more of these.

The $10 price point for basic figures has really turned me off to the line, the $5-$6 line is more attractive. Also, I get a little tired of the cheaper softer plasitc and all the added articulation seems to detract from the overall appearance, IMO.

In fact, my favorite line to date seems to be the older POTJ line which seemed to have a good balance of plastics, articulation and aesthetics. Plus the price was resonable. POTJ line cost me about $6.00 a figure (in Hawaii) back in 2000, which is still only $7.90 in today's currency.

Keep in mind that $5.00 in 1998 is $6.99 in today's currency, so $10 is a bit high for my taste, to put it another way $10 in today's currency is $7.19 in 1998. I do not think the POTF2 line would have sold very well for that, even with better sculpts and articulation.

Now, my hope is that Hasbro manages to make some good OT characters for the less expensive line.

I still plan to collect the 6 inch Black Series. Yes, there are issues and the line is far from perfect, but my hope is that if enough people support the line it will improve over time.

Also, I will probably pick up OT characters from the 3.75 inch line, especially army builders.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Mission Series uses the new Saga Legends figures, the 5 points of articulation inexpensive figures. I haven't bought any yet so I am surprised to hear they seem taller, I'd like to see comparison on that.
    I only looked at the battle droid/clone trooper pack, but they looked taller and skinnier, almost as if pulled in the mold slightly. However, I did recently have eye surgery so it might just be an optical illusion. The clone did look taller than the shock trooper from the legends line, but the huge difference in the packaging size could have made it an illusion as well. The legend packaging looks like the second tier store packaging you see at Big Lots or Dollar Stores.