Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Now, my hope is that Hasbro manages to make some good OT characters for the less expensive line.

I still plan to collect the 6 inch Black Series. Yes, there are issues and the line is far from perfect, but my hope is that if enough people support the line it will improve over time.

Also, I will probably pick up OT characters from the 3.75 inch line, especially army builders.
    SDCC revealed that there are several OT figures coming in Saga Legends and Mission Series. Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, and Jedi Knight Luke are coming as single figures, and the two-packs will include Han and Chewie and C-3PO and R2-D2. I think the stormtrooper could make good diorama background fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    I only looked at the battle droid/clone trooper pack, but they looked taller and skinnier, almost as if pulled in the mold slightly. However, I did recently have eye surgery so it might just be an optical illusion. The clone did look taller than the shock trooper from the legends line, but the huge difference in the packaging size could have made it an illusion as well. The legend packaging looks like the second tier store packaging you see at Big Lots or Dollar Stores.
    The Battle Droid is based on the version we've seen many, many times since it was first released in the 2002 C-3PO deluxe set. It's always been on the tall side, especially compared to the TVC version. I haven't seen any SL or MS figures but I'm hoping to soon - the lower-articulated battle pack figures from last year were basically the same height as their super-articulated counterparts, aside from the hulking Boba.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    SDCC revealed that there are several OT figures coming in Saga Legends and Mission Series. Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, and Jedi Knight Luke are coming as single figures, and the two-packs will include Han and Chewie and C-3PO and R2-D2. I think the stormtrooper could make good diorama background fodder.
    That's good news! I'm looking forward to them!

On a side note, I bought some of these today, not for my collection, but for my son. I did a quick comparison and here's what I see:

Height is pretty much the same. Keep in mind that these figures are 5 POA and basically stand erect with shoulders squared. I put an older Clone Trooper my son has next to the vanilla Clone from the Saga Legends line and they are the same height. The Saga Legends figure itself is bigger, not really taller, just bigger, as in bulkier, bigger chest, broader shoulders, etc. Like comparing a 160 lbs guy to a 185 lbs guy.

I did break down and buy the Mission Series Darth Vader for MY collection, 2 in fact, one to open and one for the carded collection.

I have decided to stick with OT figures only for my collection. The only exception will be the Vintage line (which I still need to collect), in which case I will buy one of each for the carded collection, and that's only because I love the card design.
    May the force be with you.

Here are two more I visited this week.

First one is Walmart on SR 66, Zip 43512. This is the most Vintage figures from a wave other than the Phantom Menace that I have seen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walmart defiance.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	27775

Second one is Walmart on McCord Road, Zip 43528. Odd to see a Maul and Qui-Gon on the shelf... Almost as if they just restocked the Phantom Menace line.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walmart mcord.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	27776

I was planning on visiting a Target and Toy R Us in Indianapolis this week, but never made it.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-