Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver Sandtrooper Announced as Celebration Exclusive

Well there you have it. I still have hopes for a red metallic Royal Guard.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Re: Silver Sandtrooper Announced as Celebration Exclusive

They are saying this one is part of the "Saga" line.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I know some people don't like these, but I love them! I wish the newer ones were done with the quality as the Toy Fair Vader & R2. But the silver finish will do. I think they look great on those funky black cards.

It was pretty apparent this would be the next silver figure, based on the packaging "test shots" we saw a month or so ago... at the Aussie toy fair, was it? The bubble really only looked like it would fit a Sandtroooper. Should be a nice addition to this line; I still love the look of the basic black and silver packages even though the figures' shine seems to have diminished (literally and figuratively).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I do enjoy these. They add a little something to my collection. It's like your universe of toys will still be collect without them but it's almost a little trophy to me. I hope that they keep doing OT figures and don't switch to more of the newer figures. The clone trooper I do understand though. I just hope that they don't do a silver C3PO Red royal guard.....definitely!

This year, collectors attending San Diego Comic-Con International will get a chance at the next figure in the exclusive Silver Saga Edition line from Hasbro.
    Hmmm, they are calling this the "exclusive Silver Saga Edition line", what the heck?

So do we refer to these as ESSEL? SSE? or just plain ol' "Those hard to find figures that usually show up with damaged cards and bubles then show up in unopened Ebay"?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Don't get me wrong, I like the figures well enough, the package in cool and the figures are kinda neat. I just hate the fact that we are gonna have to suffer all the leaches trying to make a buck on exclusives. Not to mention all the headaches and whining (myself included) associated with trying to obtain one of these!

I understand why they are doing this, they are stimulating the market, but it just smarts to know that this thing will be hard to come by, in good shape.
    May the force be with you.

the way that hasbro is making figures now-a-days the next one they will make will be a Silver jango.
    Star Wars, there is nothing better; well Lord of the Rings is pretty dang close.

R U still reading this? why?

See my Figures!

My new website

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    They are saying this one is part of the "Saga" line.
    Sorry about that.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I like all of the Silver figures and gladly accept new ones, even with the slightly duller silver paint. I got the Silver Clone Trooper yesterday and I like it a lot, the Sandtrooper looks good as well. Will it be available to everyone like the Boba Fett last year, or just convention go-ers? I won't be attending any con this summer but I really want this figure.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Silver figures=yes
    Silver stormtrooper before sandtrooper=should be YES
    Red metallic Royal Guard=you've gotta be kidding me! I would faint! I would love to have one or two or three or four
    Silver OT figures first=yes
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.