Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb With the success of the Clone Wars, How about...

Since the Clone Wars cartoon did so well and was honestly well done, how about they continue this trend. Why not do another animated series exactly like this but instead of something recent, something that had been discussed in the past. Why not do a SHADOWS of the Empire series. I mean it is pretty much accepted by most, and it was actually a good story. It fills in holes between Empire and ROTJ. I personally would love to see this done, and I remember years ago at the old forums this topic was brought up. I really think it would work, and I would even guess some of the actors would be happy to lend their vocals. What do you guys think?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Re: With the success of the Clone Wars, How about...

I wouldnt mind seeing that series or even the Heir tothe Empire series. Thrawn needs a cartoon or an appearance somewhere in SW video history.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    Why not do a SHADOWS of the Empire series.
    That would be freakin' sweet! I would love to see it done in the same Clone Wars style with the same marketing (by that I mean action figures).
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I would like to see Tales of the Jedi in this format...... but we all know that will never happen

Clone Wars was fantastic. I can honestly say that I enjoyed that series more than the prequel movies. (and I really do like the prequels a lot!)

If they're gonna do another animated series then at least do it 30 mins long. I wasn't a fan of the Clone Wars one, and the main problem (among many) was the length.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

If you don't mind me asking why didn't you like the length. Oh and sorry about the post here, didnt realize this discussion had another thread already.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I also hated the 3 minute length, no real STORY ever got to come out in any one episode and stuff didn't develop most of the time, instead just came out of left field such as Yoda & Padme rescuing Luminara & Barris. If these are supposed to be like the serials of Lucas's youth, then why not 8 to 10 minute episodes, with 20 episodes per season? Then you get a ton of stuff to show and have enough time to really give it the right kind of attention.

As for which story, I'm not sure another cartoon would work with a pre-determined storyline like the Thrawn saga or SOTE, could be too limiting. Also, with the OT era and post-OT era, you're kinda limited to certain types of stories and only a few Jedi.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've ALWAYS wanted a Shadows movie/series of some kind. It's almost asking to be one.

Either that or I hope Genndy Tar..Tarta..Tartar Sauce gets his wish and does a Han and Chewie series.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    As for which story, I'm not sure another cartoon would work with a pre-determined storyline like the Thrawn saga or SOTE, could be too limiting. Also, with the OT era and post-OT era, you're kinda limited to certain types of stories and only a few Jedi.
    You could make it like the Robotech series of the 80's. They took the limited series of episodes(Macross had 36, Masters 25, and New Generation was about the same) and did 30 minute cartoons. It could easily be done in that format. They would be say 50 episodes of the Thrawn series, and then goto the hand of Thrawn series for about 35 more and so on.......
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten